Horry County Higher Education Commission Scholarships for CCU Students
The Horry County Higher Education Commission (HCHEC) offers excellent scholarship opportunities to Horry County high school graduates who choose to attend Coastal Carolina University. Many of the scholarships are application-based, and selection criteria include the review of one or more of the following: high school scholastic performance, volunteerism and contribution to the local community, talent in the visual and performing arts, and/or academic progress at Coastal Carolina University. The deadline to apply for HCHEC application-based scholarships* is March 1 each year.
- The HCHEC Academic Excellence Scholarships honor the top graduate of each eligible Horry County high school for his/her outstanding academic accomplishments. The top-ranked graduate from each eligible Horry County high school who is admitted to Coastal Carolina University by January 1 is automatically considered for this scholarship.
- The HCHEC International Awareness Scholarship provides study abroad opportunities for Horry County high school graduates.
- The HCHEC Hardship/Adversity Scholarship* is awarded to Horry County high school seniors who plan to attend Coastal Carolina University who have persevered through hardship and/or adversity.
- The HCHEC Leadership Scholarships* are designed to promote service and citizenship and to recognize students for their leadership, volunteerism and academic excellence.
- The HCHEC Senior Collegiate Scholarship provides funding for Horry County High School students who have achieved senior status at Coastal Carolina University.
- The HCHEC War and Society Scholarship* is awarded to an Horry County high school senior who plans to major or minor in history or neighboring disciplines in the humanities.
- The HCHEC Visual and Performing Arts Scholarships* are designed to assist exceptionally talented Horry County seniors who plan to major in music, musical theatre, theatre arts, art studio, dramatic arts or graphic design.
Financial Aid and Scholarships
Coastal Carolina University
P.O. Box 261954
Conway, SC 29528-6054
843-349-2313 or 800-277-7000, ext. 2313