In This Section

Living Options

2018-2019 and 2019-2020 Academic Year Housing Rates Per Semester

Community Occupancy             
Blue Ridge / Piedmont Single $3,665           
Eaglin / Ingle Triple $2,425
Eaglin / Ingle Double $2,720
Eaglin / Ingle Single $2,970
The Gardens
Triple $2,425
The Gardens
Double $2,775
Georgetown Double $2,425
Grand Strand
Double $3,260
Grand Strand / Low Country / Sandhills                                 
Single $3,665
Chanticleer / Singleton-Young / Teal / Tradition
Double $3,461
The Woods
Single $2,970


2019-2020 Academic Year Meal Plan Rates Per Semester***

Plan Description Late Night Access Guest Meals Per Semester
Dining Dollars Included

2019-2020 Rate

Unlimited Meals at Hicks, UP Dining Hall and Chauncey's Choice AND Up to 14 Meal Swipes Per Week Yes 5 $200 $1,925
Basic 21 21 Meal Swipes Per Week No No $100 $1,625
Bronze Block 225
225 Meal Swipes Per Semester Yes 5 $250 $1,750
Teal Block 150* 150 Meal Swipes Per Semester Yes 5 $400 $1,550
80 Block**
80 Meal Swipes Per Plan Yes No $240 $805
50 Block**
50 Meal Swipes Per Plan Yes No $200 $600
30 Block**
30 Meal Swipes Per Plan Yes No $155 $400

For more information on each meal plan, consult the Campus Dining website.

All first and second year students living in University-operated housing are required to purchase a full meal plan, Unlimited, Basic 21, Bronze Block 225 or Teal Block 150*.

* Teal Block 150 meal plan is not available to new students.
** Optional meal plan choice only available to students who are exempt from the Meal Plan Requirement (Section IV.A.).
*** The 2020-2021 rates and meal plan options are approved by the Board of Trustees during the summer. The rates will be updated on this page when available.

Release Prior to Occupancy

Prior to the start of the term only students who are not required to live in University Housing, students who cancel or decline enrollment or summer students may cancel their housing application and request release from the license agreement. Students required to live in University Housing may not cancel a housing application and request release from the license agreement without receiving an exemption and will be held to the license agreement if enrolled during the license agreement term.

In order to avoid release fees, you must request release on or before June 1 for fall semester, December 1 for spring semester, or April 15 for summer term. Students who cancel their housing application who are required to live on campus will be reassigned to a space and assigned a meal plan.

To cancel your housing application and request release from the license agreement, you will log into MyCoastalHome and click the "Cancel Application" image within the housing application. The $50 housing application fee and $100 housing prepayment are non-refundable. After these dates, you will incur an additional license agreement release fee based on the schedule below. University Housing will notify you through your CCU e-mail account with the decision regarding your request.

Academic Term No release
fee if received by
$100 release fee if received by $200 release fee if received by $400 release fee if received by
Maymester / Summer 1  April 15, 2019  May 1, 2019  First Day of Class*  N/A
Summer 2  June 1, 2019  June 15, 2019  First Day of Class*  N/A
Fall / Spring  June 1, 2019  June 15, 2019  July 1, 2019  First Day of Class*
CEaL Program  July 1, 2019  July 17, 2019  August 2, 2019  First Day of Class*
Spring Only  December 1, 2019  N/A  January 2, 2020  First Day of Class*

 * Release after the first day of class (if a resident does not take occupancy) will be governed by paragraph 9.e. of the University Housing License Agreement.

Credit Card Notice

Effective Dec. 3, 2013, all credit and debit card payments to Coastal Carolina University made by telephone or online through WebAdvisor for student account balances, including tuition, fees, room/board, fines and other charges, are subject to a 2.7% service fee charged to the individual card. The University will continue to accept VISA, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and electronic checks, although there is no fee charged for electronic checks. The Office of Student Accounts will no longer accept credit or debit card payments by fax, but will accept cash, checks, money orders, and credit and debit cards in person. Parents and students must have a credit or debit card in their name and present it to be processed. More details are available on the Office of Student Accounts website.

Related Links

Contact Information

Social Icon - Facebook‌  Social Icon - Twitter‌  Social Icon - Instagram


University Housing
Tradition Hall 135
8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
843-349-6400 (phone)
843-349-6425 (fax)

Township Circle Desk
Open 24/7

Elvington Loop Desk
Open 24/7

University Place Desk
Open 24/7

University Housing creates a foundation of care for resident safety and success.