Welcome to the John Cage
This collection of equipment was assembled to provide resources for students in the Edwards College of Humanities and Fine Arts. The Cage stores a large variety of equipment including cameras, camcorders, microphones, audio recorders, lighting equipment, wireless drawing tablets, card readers, and many other items. Students, Faculty, and Staff in the college may check out equipment with their CINO card. For more information please use the contact information below to make an appointment, or stop by during our open drop-in hours.
Location: Edwards 284
iPad and Peripheral Request
Request an iPad
Distributed through Kimbel Library
Request an iPad Peripheral*
(Bluetooth Microphone, iPad Stand, or A/V Adapter)
Distributed through Edwards John Cage
*=Please note that due to high demand and supply chain disruptions, these peripherals may not be available until after the start of the semester. Edwards Production staff and COOL staff are a great resource for thinking through your lecture and course material production.
Open Hours Fall 2020
Monday: 9:30 - 11:00am & 1:30 - 4:30pm
Tuesday: 8:00 - 11:00am
Wednesday: 9:30 - 11:00am & 1:30 - 4:30pm
Thursday: 8:00 - 11:00am
If you need to return equipment, you have three options:
- Drop off during the times above.
- Between 9 a.m. - 5 p.m., you can return equipment to the Dean's Office (Suite 201). ***Make sure to leave a note with your name in the equipment bag.
- During open hours at the Kimbel Library circulation desk.
We appreciate your prompt return of the equipment, so that other students may learn from it.
New COVID-19 Procedures
We are working hard to keep everyone safe while still maintaining our service to faculty and staff. Please respect our new signage and markers while checking out equipment. Please note:
- The door to the cage may be shut, even during open hours. Please read signage to alert the appropriate staff member you are there.
- If you do not feel comfortable picking up the equipment, please contact our Cage Manager Travis Brooks to arrange a drop-off.