Orientation, Transition, & Family Programs
Fostering successful transitions for all Coastal Carolina students and their family members.
As a team of dedicated orientation, transition, and retention professionals, Orientation, Transition, & Family Programs (OTFP) supports the transition and integration of all students and families during their journeys to, through, and out of the Coastal Carolina University experience. Through the creation of opportunities for discovery, engagement, connection, and reflection, OTFP fosters developmental growth and confidence by reinforcing the importance of student responsibility, ownership of learning, and investment in one’s own success while partnering with and promoting community among families.
In order to support the successful transition of students and families, OTFP values and is dedicated to:
- Providing a welcoming and inclusive environment that supports the formation of a sense of belonging for all
- Facilitating opportunities for experiential learning and application of knowledge
- Recruiting a diverse group of students in order to train and develop a competent, knowledgeable, and inclusive team of student leaders
- Creating and developing efficient and fiscally responsible programs and services
- Collaborating with campus partners and community constituents