Family Orientation for Fall 2022 Admits
Student Transitions and Family Programs offers Family Orientation for the family members of incoming students as a tool to share valuable information about the University and to help you and your students make a smooth transition to Coastal.
Fall 2022 Family Orientation:
- Family orientation consists of three components:
- Virtual asynchronous experience (online orientation)
- On-campus synchronous experience in conjunction with New Student Orientation.
- Teal Tuesday Talks
- Participation and attendance are optional for family members. Family members who choose to attend the on-campus program with their new Chanticleer will attend the same sessions with the student and some sessions separately.
- The cost per family member is $20.
Family Orientation Registration:
- Students register interested family members at the time they register themselves for new student orientation.
- Students should register family members who will participate in any of the components and who are over the age of 17.
- Students should list a unique email address for each family member. Registration includes all three components . Please verify that the email address is correct prior to submitting the registration form.
Components of the 2022 Fall Family Orientation
Family Online Orientation (Virtual Asynchronous)
This self-paced orientation will provide a comprehensive overview of programs and services available to your student at CCU. This online orientation experience is the exact same module that your student is required to complete. We find it helpful for family members to see and experience the same information and delivery method, as it allows for post-experience discussion and reinforces our desire to partner with you in supporting your student’s success.
FAMILY IN-PERSON ORIENTATION (ON-CAMPUS SYNCHRONOUS)
Spring 2022 New Student Orientation is a one-day orientation program scheduled to take place on campus Friday, January 7, 2022 from 8 a.m.- 5 p.m. EST. While participation/attendance at Orientation is required for new students, it is optional for family members. Family members who choose to attend the on-campus program with their new Chanticleer will attend some sessions with their student and some sessions separately. Student and Family participants will meet with representatives from various offices and academic departments as well as connect with other incoming students and families. Click here to view the Spring 2022 synchronous orientation schedule (available in November)
TEAL TUESDAY TALKS
We will offer virtual synchronous Q&A webinars during the month of July in order to make sure all of your questions are answered by the experts in those areas. If you are not available for the live session on Tuesdays at 7 p.m., you will be able to view the content on-demand starting the next day. An email will be sent to all family orientation registrants the Friday before the session. If you do not receive that link, do not hesitate to email us at email@example.com. The topics and dates for these sessions will be released later this spring.
Staying Connected as a Chant Family Member
CCU Family Experience Portal
It is important for you to stay connected as a CHANT family member beyond your participation in family orientation. We encourage you to join the CCU Family Experience Portal. The portal is a mixture of electronic newsletter and virtual community connections. After creating your profile, you will be able to pick and choose the topics and affinity groups you are interested in connecting with. You will also be able to select how often you would like to receive the newsletter-style communications. The portal is available anytime, so feel free to log in at your leisure and see the latest highlights from around campus.
Follow these detailed directions to access the Family Experience Portal.