2022 Family Weekend
September 30 - October 2
Join us for a weekend of family fun at Coastal Carolina University!
Family Weekend Quick Facts
Click above to view instructions and resources for your visit.
Weather Impact of Hurricane Ian
As we have been navigating the impacts of Hurricane Ian on Coastal Carolina University and subsequently Family Weekend, this email is to provide you updates that we have at this current time. The information below is very important information regarding Family Weekend 2022 so please make sure to read it in its entirety. We are very much looking forward to welcoming you all to our beautiful campus in just a few days for the 2022 Family Weekend! We have put together some important information for you to make sure you are completely prepared to enjoy this weekend.
All Family Weekend Activities occurring on Friday, September 30 have been canceled. At this time, Family Weekend activities originally scheduled for Saturday, October 1 and Sunday, October 2 will still take place and operate as normal.
Due to the university's decision to go online on Friday, September 30 our staff will be staffing remotely. The best and most efficient way to reach us would be to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Saturday, October 1 Information
Please review the Hurricane Preparedness webpage (https://www.coastal.edu/hurricane/) for more information regarding the University’s hurricane preparedness activities and hurricane operations.
Student Transitions and Family Programs appreciate your patience and understanding as we all navigate this upcoming weather and Family Weekend.
- Family Weekend Registration has now CLOSED.
- Registration was open from August 24 at 4:30 p.m. EST to September 25 at 11:55 p.m. EST.
- The refund deadline was September 25 at 11:55 p.m. EST. There will be no refunds issued after this date for any reason.
- On-site registration will be open at the Hospitality Station on Friday, September 30 from 3 to 8 p.m. and Saturday, October 1 from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Football Tickets:
- Are NOT included in the Family Weekend Package
- Use the link and code provided in the reservation system to purchase discounted football tickets
- In order to sit with your student, there are two options:
- Have your student reserve a guest ticket in the student section (only one allowed)
- Purchase a discounted ticket for your student to sit with family when purchasing pre-sale tickets as a family weekend package registrant
Family Weekend T-shirts
- Are NOT included in the Family Weekend Package
- Must be purchased separately (don’t forget to include one for your student)
- Pre-sales for Family Weekend T-shirts closed on Monday, September 12th at 5 p.m. EST.
- T-shirts will need to be purchased on-site at the regular price while supplies last.
- The 2022 t-shirt design will not be released prior to the first day of Family Weekend.
- All t-shirts are pre-shrunk cotton-blend in unisex sizing.
The Family Weekend Registration Package
- $35 per person (children 5 years of age and up)
- The package fee is waived for Coastal students with an accompanying Family registration
- Coastal students attending any event or program apart of Family Weekend without a family member will be charged the $35 fee
- Coastal students should not be included in the ticket selection for any events that the student has already been registered for by another family member.
The Family Weekend Registration package includes access to the following:
- Family Weekend Hospitality, Information, and Swag Station (light refreshments on Friday and continental breakfast on Saturday while supplies last)
- Entry into University Recreation facilities and the Night at the Rec Rock Climbing session (adults only; must be accompanied by your CCU student)
- Campus Activity Board (CAB) Family Weekend Show (Mentalist/Hypnotist TBA)
- Movies at the Coastal Theater (Lib Jackson Student Union)
- Kimbel Library activities (photo booth, Makerspace tour, kid’s zone, button station, and string art project)
- Departmental Open Houses (Career Services, Military and Veteran Services, and Intercultural and Inclusion Student Services [IISS])
- Education Abroad Information Session (seating first-come, first-served)
- Family Trivia Night (seating is first-come, first-served)
- Faculty Exhibit in the Rebecca Randall Bryan Art Gallery
- Pre-football game Family Tailgate on Saturday
- Access to discounted football tickets
- Access to discount codes for participating local attractions
- Opportunities to participate in fundraising initiatives (Family Fund and CCU Panhellenic Silent Auction)
Additional Registration Required - Package Events needing Free Pre-Registration Ticket Selection
- Family Weekend Family Tailgate (this event has been moved to the HTC arena)
- Campus Activity Board (CAB) Family Weekend show (Mentalist/Hypnotist TBA)
- Family Weekend Trivia Night
- Kimbel Kid’s Zone
- Kimbel Library button station
- Kimbel Library Makerspace Tour
- IISS Open House
- Military and Veteran Services open house
- Career Services open house
- Intercultural and Inclusion Student Services (IISS) open house
- Education Abroad and Global Engagement Opportunities information session
- Habitat for Humanity Family Weekend Build (space is limited, no late arrivals allowed)
Additional Registration Required - Additional Cost Associated
- CCU Football Tickets
- Family Weekend Cornhole Tournament
- 2022 Family Weekend Golf Tournament (Teams of 2. Registration deadline is Sept. 25)
- Waties Island visit
- Paint and Unwind session
- Conway Historical Guided Walking Tour
- Conway Walking Tour of the Trees
- Connecting the Chords: A CCU Music Faculty Production
- Radium Girls Production
- President’s Drop-in Breakfast
Local Events and Attractions - with links and discount codes provided in the reservation system.
- Wonder Works
- Backstage Escape Games
- Legends in Concert
- NFL Pro Hall of Fame Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Family Golf (any location)
- The FunPlex Myrtle Beach
- Ripley’s Aquarium
- Surfside Beach Family Festival (Sat, October 1st) - free to the public!
View our Schedule of Events. All Friday events have been canceled.
View our campus map HERE.
Please note - dates, times, and events are subject to change.
Registration has CLOSED.
On-site registration will be available at the Hospitality Station in the Lib Jackson Student Union Rotunda on Friday, September 30 from 3 to 8 p.m. and Saturday, October 1, from 8:30 to 11:30 a.m.
What you will need for registration:
- Your student's CCU ID number
- T-shirt sizes for all family members
- Credit Card for Payment
Note: Children under the age of 5 do not require registration.
After submitting and paying the associated registration fees, the registrant will receive two confirmation emails:
- Payment receipt from SC.gov.
- Registration confirmation with purchase summary and the ticket assignment/printing website link.
- Once a registration is submitted, the registrant cannot change that registration.
- The registrant will need to contact Student Transitions and Family Programs during University business hours (M-Th 8 am to 5 pm and F 8 am to 12:30 pm) for assistance adding events for an existing reservation. (payment over the phone is required when adding events that require additional cost)
- If the registrant would like to register additional family members, they would repeat the registration process through the registration website for the additional family members using the same CCU student.
Family Weekend T-Shirt Only Purchase
The option to pre-purchase T-shirts closed at 5pm EST on Monday, September 12, 2022 and is no longer available. T-shirts must be purchased on-site at Family Weekend at the regular rate. T-shirts purchased by pre-order will not be mailed, the CCU student will need to pick them up at the advertised location and time block. Please note, that there are NO REFUNDS for t-shirt purchases.
- The deadline for refunds is September 25 at 11:55 p.m. EST.
- No refunds will be issued after this date for any reason.
- All refund requests must be submitted in writing to email@example.com.