SGA Is Here For You!
Have a suggestion on how to improve the student experience at Coastal Carolina University? CLICK HERE and tell us your ideas.
After you submit your idea, it will be reviewed and possibly forwarded to one of our standing committees.
SGA Standing Committees
- Academic Affairs Committee
- The Academic Affairs Committee deals with academically oriented legislation including class attendance policies, honors and awards, admission requirements, etc. The Chairperson of the Committee shall serve on the corresponding Faculty Senate Committee.
- Building and Grounds Committee
- The Buildings and Grounds Committee deals with legislation and affairs pertaining to parking, security, maintenance, facilities management, etc. The Chairperson of this Committee shall serve on the corresponding Faculty Senate Committee.
- Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- The Diversity and Inclusion Committee deals with promoting the ideals of diversity and inclusion.
- Ethics and Judiciary Committee
- The Ethics Committee deals with any alleged violations of the SGA rules and procedures. The SGA Advisors and the Chief of Justice shall serve as ex-officio members on this Committee.
- Finance Committee
- The Finance Committee deals with the allocation of funds to student clubs and organizations, as well as proposing new rules and guidelines pertaining to the allocation of funds to clubs and organizations. The Fiscal Technician for the Office of Student Life and Vice President of Finance shall serve as ex-officio members on this Committee.
- Public Relations Committee
- The Public Relations Committee deals with organizing and publicizing SGA events.
- Student Life Committee
- The Student Life Committee deals with legislation and affairs pertaining to the nonacademic life of students at Coastal Carolina University. The Chairperson of this Committee shall serve on the corresponding Faculty Senate Committee.