Procurement for CCU Faculty and Staff
Bids and Quotes
- Procurement Services
642 Century Circle
Conway, SC 29526
- Mailing Address
P.O. Box 261954
Conway, SC 29528-6054
- Hours of Operation
8:30 a.m.-5 p.m.
- Staff Directory »
- Common Inquiries Home »
- Procurement Services Home »
Bids/quotes are NOT necessary when:
- The good or service is available on an existing statewide contract;
- The proposed purchase can be justified as a Sole Source Procurement; or
- The proposed purchase amount is under $10,000 (including shipping cost) and the price is considered fair and reasonable.
Bids/quotes ARE necessary when:
- The proposed purchase amount is over $10,000. A Purchase Requisition for the good or service must be forwarded to Procurement Services who will prepare and issue a solicitation in accordance with the guidelines of the S.C. Consolidated Procurement Code.
Can I tell a supplier what another supplier has quoted in order to get a lower price?
No. All quotes are to be confidential. Details cannot be discussed with other suppliers. Disclosure of any information during the bidding process is considered unethical. All inquiries for information regarding a potential or awarded contract or purchase should be directed to Procurement Services.
How do I make sure that a specific supplier is included in the bidding process?
Attach a list of suggested vendors to the Purchase Requisition, to include name, address, email address, telephone number, fax number and contact name (if available).