The Department of University Recreation offers training to assist individuals in safely and effectively reaching strength and fitness goals. A personal trainer will work with you to increase your fitness level, teach you safe and effective exercise technique, and essentially bring you to a place of independence in your fitness pursuits. It is a consistent and progressive way to motivate you to reach your goals.
All Personal Trainers are Nationally Certified.
All Sessions are 60 minutes.
To register for personal training stop by the HTC Center or Personal Training Request Form.
Please call 843-349-2802 for more information.
*Session times will be determined according to your and the trainers' schedule*
*Refunds are only given in the event of a medical emergency. Documentation from a physician is required. <Click here for Waiver and Medical History Form>
All sessions purchased must be completed within 60 days from the first session.
If you have to cancel your training session, you must cancel within 4 hours or your session will be forfeited.
How to I register for a training session?
- Stop by the Welcome Desk at the HTC Student Recreation Center and to complete your Personal Training Request Form and Waiver & Medical History Form.
- Trainer will contact you to set up a time for an initial fitness assessment.
- Meet with trainer for assessment & decide on a package.
- Purchase training package at the Welcome Desk, HTC Student Recreation Center.
- Begin training with your personal trainer!
- All sessions will be conducted at the HTC Student Recreation Center by current Department of University Recreation Personal Training staff only.
- Training sessions will be a maximum of 60 minutes in length.
- Cancellations must be made a minimum of 24 hours prior to the scheduled training session or the client will be charged.
- Cancellations may be made by calling the HTC Student Recreation Center at 843-349-2802 between 8am and 5pm Monday through Friday, or by calling the Personal Trainer. Every effort will be made to reschedule a training session according to the mutual availability of the client and trainer.
- Training sessions expire 90 days after date of purchase, unless otherwise approved for extension by the Fitness Coordinator.
- All personal training fees must be paid in full prior to starting program. Trainers may not accept any direct or additional payment for their services.
Personal training sessions are non-transferable and non-refundable. Medical conditions, which cause a delay in completing purchased sessions beyond 90 days will be refunded if a physician's note is provided.