Coastal Carolina University's Department of University Recreation offers a number of different fitness options. Please click one of the categories to the left to view the fitness class schedule, description of classes and programs, and information about the HTC Student Recreation Center.
Group Fitness Schedules for the semester (published monthly) are available below with class descriptions:
Group Exercise Class Policies
- Appropriate group exercise clothing and footwear is required. Street clothes such as jeans, khakis, dress pants, or anything with zippers, buttons, or belts are prohibited.
- No gum, food, or beverages are allowed, except for water in a sealable plastic container (32 oz. or less).
- For safety, Participants will not be admitted into class after the warm up has been completed. To ensure a pleasant experience for all participants, once a yoga class has begun no one will be admitted. Please arrive early.
- In order to ensure the safety of participants, class size is limited depending on class type and equipment used.
- Only authorized Campus Recreation Fitness Instructors are trained to use the audiovisual system in the studios.
- Campus Recreation is not responsible for lost or stolen items. Please secure your personal belongings in a locker prior to exercising.
- Participants are encouraged to regularly monitor their own workout intensity and take water breaks frequently.
Spinning Studio Policies
- Water bottles and towels are highly recommended for spinning classes.
- Spinning classes are limited to 20 participants.
- The Spinning bikes come with SPD cycling shoe clips. Cycling shoes are not required, but may be used.
- Wipe down bikes after use.
- If you are a first time participant please arrive early and ask the instructor for assistance in setting up your cycle.
The Department of University Recreation reserves the right to cancel or change the class the schedule at any time based on class participation. Hours may vary during holidays, breaks, exams, and summer sessions. The instructor reserves the right to ask a participant to leave if policies are not followed.