Intramural Sportsmanship Policies
Sportsmanship is vital to the conduct of every intramural contest. The IM Sports Staff makes decisions on whether to warn, penalize, or eject players or teams for poor sportsmanship to encourage proper conduct during games. These decisions are final. The Intramural Coordinator will rule on further penalties as a result of unsportsmanlike conduct.
The following may be considered as evidence of unsportsmanlike conduct:
- Unnecessary delay of the game;
- Striking or shoving an opponent;
- Arguing with officials concerning decisions (discussion is allowed as long as it is done in a mature manner by the team captain);
- Derogatory and abusive remarks toward an opponent or official;
- Contacting an official;
- Any action with the intent to physically injure an opponent or official;
- Any action which may potentially cause equipment or facility damage;
- Any action which shows disregard for the rules or policies of the Intramural Sports Program.
Further information on sportsmanship can be found in the IM Sports Participant Handbook.
Intramural Sports Rulebooks
|Basketball (3v3)||Basketball (5v5)||Beach Volleyball||Cornhole|
|Disc Golf||Dodgeball||E-Sports||Flag Football|
|Flag Football (4v4)||Floor Hockey||Indoor Soccer||Kickball|
|Tennis (Doubles)||Tennis (Singles)||Ultimate Frisbee||Volleyball|