Withdrawal - Coastal Carolina University
In This Section

Student Instructions for Withdrawing from College

WARNING: Withdrawing from the University could be more costly than you realize.

If you are receiving federal funds (Pell Grant, SEOG, Perkins, Direct Student Loans, or Plus Loans) and you withdraw from the university after the 100% refund date, you are responsible for reimbursing Coastal Carolina University for the federal funds that the university must repay on your behalf.

Eligibility for any refund of tuition/fees/charges is based on the validation date stamped on the completed withdrawal form (if submitted within seven days) and the published refund schedule.

If you are eligible for any refund, it will be reduced by any debt you currently owe the University and/or by any financial aid received from the University.

Refund checks will be mailed to your permanent address on record with the Office of the Registrar.

Withdrawal from the University after the last day to drop with no academic record will result in assignment of grades of “W” or “WF” in all courses. If extenuating circumstances exist, consult your academic dean.

Any financial obligations you may incur to the University must be paid in full before you may register again.

  1. The “University Semester Withdrawal” form must be obtained from the Academic Resource Center in Kearns Hall, room 215.  Students may also email withdraw@coastal.edu
  2. The top portion of the form, including student signature and date, must be completed in the Academic Resource Center when the form is obtained.

    A counseling session with a retention counselor will take place explaining the ramifications of withdrawing. At that time the retention counselor will date stamp the form.
  3. The completed for must then be emailed to the Office of the Registrar at registrarforms@coastal.edu 
  4. The Registrar's Office will notify the following offices of the student's withdrawal:

    • Financial Aid and Scholarships
    • University Housing
    • Student Accounts
    • International Programs (if applicable)
  5. A representative from each office will email the student and copy withdraw@coastal.edu on the email.