Gupta College Office of the Dean
Welcome to the Gupta College of Science at Coastal Carolina University! On behalf of our outstanding faculty and staff, we welcome you as you consider furthering your education with us! What a wonderful and challenging world in which we live! There has never been a greater need for an educated STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) workforce capable of tackling the critical and sophisticated global challenges we face as a nation and society. Here at the Gupta College of Science, we believe our mission is to prepare students to face and solve these challenges by providing a premier STEM education for our students.
We are fully committed to ensuring your success as you pursue your academic career at the undergraduate or graduate level. Our seven strong, STEM departments offer 12 undergraduate majors, 14 focused concentrations, and 18 minors ranging from biochemistry to psychology, three graduate programs, and other exciting dual degree offerings. Our Ph.D. program in Marine Science is one of the only programs of its kind in the country! Our approach to your education is current, engaged, and hands‐on. Because of this, our graduates have found placement in top scientific graduate schools throughout the country while many others go directly into the workforce as STEM professionals.
Learn with us in the classroom, in the laboratory, in the field, and on the ocean. You will have an opportunity to work one‐on‐one with our faculty on cutting‐edge research projects and through internships with our industry partners that will develop your scientific expertise and expand your understanding and appreciation of science. We can’t wait for you to join us!
Chad L. Leverette, Ph.D.
Dean, Gupta College of Science
Coastal Carolina University
Science Annex II 210
P.O. Box 261954
Conway, SC 29528-6054
Click to view students on the Dean's and President's Lists.
The Gupta College of Science has earned the following accreditations:
- The computer science program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
- The information systems program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
- The information technology program is accredited by the Computing Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
- The engineering science program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org
Follow us on the social platforms below @coastalstem!
Visit us on YouTube to see what's happening in the Gupta College of Science:
• Exploring the Online Instruction Experience
• Faculty Perspectives on COVID-19, and more.