Online Teaching and Training (Online Teaching Endorsement)
Completers may be eligible to apply for the add-on Online Teaching Endorsement from the South Carolina Department of Education.
The certificate program in Online Teaching and Training is a 12-credit graduate curriculum offered totally online that provides opportunities for educators and trainers to develop advanced competencies in designing, developing, delivering and managing online learning and performance improvement in education, business, government, healthcare, military and other professions. Teaching certification is not required for admission; however, certified teachers employed full-time in South Carolina public schools are eligible for special tuition rates and may be eligible to apply for the add-on Online Teaching Endorsement from the South Carolina Department of Education after completing the required four course curriculum.
- EDIT 604 Teaching with Technology (3)
- EDIT 650 Teaching and Learning Online (3)
- EDIT 660 Advanced Online Teaching (3) (Prereq: EDIT 650)
ONE ELECTIVE COURSE from the following (3 credit hours):
- EDIT 610 Instructional Design and Tech. Integration (3)
- EDIT 620 Technology Planning and Management (3)
- EDIT 630 Development of Instructional Multimedia (3)
- EDIT 640 Instructional Video Production (3)
Certificate in Online Teaching and Training - Q&A
I am interested in earning the Online Teaching Endorsement from the South Carolina Department of Education. Can this certificate program at CCU help me to obtain this endorsement?
If you are a South Carolina certified teacher, after completing the CCU Online Teaching and Training certificate program, you may be eligible to apply to the South Carolina Department of Education for the Online Teaching Endorsement.
Is your certificate program in Online Teaching and Training fully (100%) online and how soon can I complete this program?
Yes, all four courses (12 credits) are offered online and you can complete them in one summer. See our schedule below:
EDIT 604 Teaching with Technology (3) - Summer 1
EDIT 650 Teaching and Learning Online (3) - Summer 1
EDIT 610 Instructional Design and Tech. Integration (3) - Summer 2
EDIT 660 Advanced Online Teaching (3) (Prereq: EDIT 650) - Summer 2
How do I get started taking courses in the Certificate program in Online Teaching and Training?
Apply to Coastal Carolina University for admission to the certificate program in Online Teaching and Training. Applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Completion of the application form and payment of the application fee.
- Evidence of having received a baccalaureate degree from a regionally accredited institution in this country or its equivalent at a foreign institution based on a four-year degree program.
- Submission of an official transcript from each post-secondary school or college previously attended (all prior undergraduate academic study must be represented as well as any graduate study).
- Submission of a brief written statement of educational and career goals, including how this certificate program will contribute to realizing those goals.
Whom can I talk to if I have additional questions?
Please contact our graduate program manager for additional information. Her contact information is listed below: