Personal Safety Tips
The Department of Public Safety is always working to raise awareness about safety. It is everyone’s responsibility to help keep our campus safe. Please become familiar with these personal safety tips:
- Always have key ready for use.
- Use the "buddy system" when possible.
- Be aware of your surroundings.
- Carry a whistle, air horn, etc., or have cell phone readily accessible.
- Walk clear of blind spots/hiding places.
- Walk away from unknown people or situations.
- Walk in the opposite direction of an approaching vehicle.
- Develop a "personal protection" mindset.
- Don't display cash, cards or other target items.
- If you think you are being followed, change direction of travel and move towards a populated area.