Academic Coaching Experience Department
- Kearns Hall 107A
- Reach out to us on
- Find us on Instagram
- Meet the Staff »
- Coastal Student Success Center HOME »
WHAT DO ACADEMIC COACHES DO?
Academic Coaches instruct the ACED-101 Academic Strategy Development course and provide academic coaching to all Coastal students, focusing on:
- Students participating in the Student Opportunity for Academic Recovery (SOAR) program,
- Coastal Excellence and Leadership (CEaL) program students,
- Bridge program students,
- Students enrolled in the Level Up program,
- First-time, full-time students identified through an early alert system, and
- Students who self-refer or who are referred for academic coaching by professors, staff and administrators.
HOW CAN ACADEMIC COACHES SUPPORT STUDENTS?
The Academic Coaching Experience Department (ACED) is here to help you develop a plan for managing your online classes successfully. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, academic coaches can help you get organized and assist you with creating a strategy for each of your courses so that you can ensure that you are taking the necessary steps to support your academic success. We can help you develop and refine skills that are critical to success in online courses, such as time management and communicating effectively with your instructor and classmates. Finally, you can talk to an Academic Coach about anything going on in your life, and we can suggest other campus resources that may be able to help.