Spring 2023 Sale Date
- Date: Saturday, May 13
- Time: 7:00 AM - 9:00 AM
- Location: YY Lot (1133 Hwy. 544, Conway)
- Entry Fee: $5.00
Campus Salvage is Coastal Carolina University's annual collection and donation program designed to divert unwanted items from the landfill when residential students move-out at the end of the year. The project is a collaborative effort between the offices of Sustain Coastal, University Housing, and Public Safety, and brings together a diverse group of stakeholders including students, staff, faculty, community organizations and community members.
There are three phases of Campus Salvage: 1) move-out collection; 2) sorting and donation; and 3) the Campus Salvage Sale.
Move-Out Donations and Collection: April 27 - May 7, 2023
Starting April 27th until May 7th, students moving out of housing can donate unwanted items to Campus Salvage in PODS located around main campus and University Place. The PODS will be open daily from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Look for PODS in the following locations:
- The Gardens: Near Azalea Hall
- The Woods: Between Palmetto and Elm & Between Cypress and Oak
- Elvington Loop: Across from Tradition Basketball Court
- University Place: Near Piedmont 1030 & Outside Grand Strand Activity House
Donation bags will be available at the Ingle, Tradition and Grand Strand Community Desks.
What can be donated?
Students can donate a range of unwanted items that are in good condition. We accept the following items:
- clothing, shoes, accessories;
- unopened nonperishable food items;
- furniture, bedding, and towels;
- room decor, storage bins and shelving;
- small appliances, clean dishes, and kitchen items;
- brooms, and unused cleaning supplies
What cannot be donated?
Please do not donate any of the following items. These items should be disposed of in the trash:
- Mattress toppers
- All opened food items
- Stained or soiled clothing, sheets, or towels
- All socks and undergarments
Sorting and Donation: May 7 - May 12, 2023
During this phase, Sustain Coastal staff sort through the materials donated by students. Last year, the collection efforts resulted in donations to 14 different local organizations. Items donated include: clothing, brooms, vacuums, non-perishable food, bedding, personal care products, and cleaning supplies.
Campus Salvage Sale 2023
All proceeds go toward the CCU Endowed Sustainability Scholarship Fund.
- Date: Saturday, May 13
- Time: 7-9 a.m.
- Location: YY Lot (1133 Highway 544, Conway)
- Entry Fee: $5 per person