- 2023 - Our group received another grant as part of the QEP Succeed@Coastal funding for the 2023 academic year. The grant funds student mentors, field trips, research, and special events.
- Tues., Aug. 22nd - OK Day @ Prince Lawn
- Wed., Sep. 6th - WE-STEM Kick-Off Event @Alford Ballroom (ATNM*105) Drop-In 4pm - 6pm
- 2022 - our experience with the fellowship allowed us to expand and redesign the program as part of the University's Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP). The 2022-27 QEP, Succeed@Coastal, is a multi-year, campus-wide effort to enhance inclusive student learning and inclusive student engagement at the University through the implementation of specific high-impact learning activities and practices. We hosted the following events during the 2022/23 academic year:
- April 24, 2023 - Research Symposium
- March 28, 2023 - Salary Negotiation Workshop
- February 21, 2023 - Pizza and Planets!
- January 24, 2023 - Thriving in a Male-Dominated Career
- October 11, 2022 - Picture a Scientist: Movie & Conversation
- September 13, 2022 - Women Empowerment in STEM Kick-Off Event
- 2018 - We received a CCU Student Achievement Funding (SAF) grant to develop what we called the “Women in STEM Fellowship.” The Women in STEM Fellowship was designed to equip female students in male-dominated STEM majors with the tools to deal successfully with challenges, intimidation, and stereotype threat and to make them feel like they belong in their areas of interest. The fellowship offered a mentoring program, financial support for conference travel, research, workshops, and other professionalization opportunities, and brought prominent female speakers in STEM fields to CCU to serve as role models for our fellows. During the 2.5 years that we are actively able to run the fellowship (initially interrupted by the Covid-19 pandemic), we retained 94.2% of our fellows in a STEM field at CCU, which diverts significantly from the rate at which our university retains women in a STEM major, which was at 40.4% between 2016 and 2018.