Director of Student Success, Recruitment & Career Transition
I can accept failure, everyone fails at something. But I can’t accept not trying" – Michael Jordan
Steven Taylor of Chicago, IL has been with Coastal Carolina University (CCU) since May of 2019. Steven brings to CCU over 14 years of involvement in higher education, with previous experiences in Academic Advising, Academic Support Programs, Learning Assistance Programs, Retention Services, TRIO and Tutorial Services. Prior to CCU, Steven worked in various positions at Southern Illinois University Carbondale (SIUC) in Carbondale, IL and Southeast Missouri State University (SEMO) in Cape Girardeau, MO.
Steven has thoroughly enjoyed his experiences here at CCU and has a great appreciation for the students. "I get excited to talk to our students about their academic interest, professional goals, and plans after graduation." His advice for students would be to seek out academic resources (ex. academic coaching, tutoring, etc.) and professional resources (ex. career services, internships, etc.) offered on campus as you prepare for and continue your educational journey.
M.A., Higher Education Administration, Southeast Missouri State University (2010)
M.A., Educational Leadership, University of Illinois Springfield (2007)
B.S., History, MacMurray College (2003)
What Steven Can Assist With
Steven can assist with:
- teaching skills and strategies to help students become independent and active learners
- providing programs and services that focus on student success,
- helping students navigate the various university platforms,
- providing support to students petitioning processes and university policies,
- providing advocacy for academically at-risk students as needed,
- connecting students to the various campus-wide support programs and services,
- encouraging students to seek support in the areas of major and career exploration, academic strategies and campus engagement