Apply Now - Coastal Carolina University
In This Section

Apply to Degree in Three program

For new and enrolled Coastal Carolina University students

As a student who is about to or has recently graduated high school, there are a number of things you can do to aid your progress in the Degree in Three program at Coastal Carolina University. Use the checklist below to ensure you have everything you need.

  1. Apply to Coastal Carolina University. You will need SAT/ACT scores and your high school transcript.
  2. Submit college credits earned in high school.
  3. Schedule an appointment with a Degree in Three program coordinator.

Apply to Coastal Carolina University

In order to be admitted to the Degree in Three program you must also be admitted to Coastal Carolina University. 

You can begin your application to Coastal Carolina University by clicking here:

As a component of the admissions process you will be asked to furnish high school transcripts and SAT/ACT scores. For more information on ordering your test scores click the link below.

Admission to the Degree in Three program begins by scheduling an appointment with a Degree in Three program coordinator.

College credits earned in high school

It is important to understand that all program participants are required to complete the same number of credits as all other students graduating from Coastal Carolina University. For this reason it is highly advantageous for program participants to enter college with as many credits as possible. College credit can be earned while still in high school through a variety of methods including those listed below. 

When sitting for exams students are asked to select the school(s) they wish to receive their scores. It is important that you select Coastal Carolina University so that we are able to evaluate your exam scores and provide college credit based on your results.

Advanced Placement (AP) Exams
If you need to have your scores sent to Coastal Carolina you can find more information on ordering at

International Baccalaureate (IB) Exams
If you need to have your scores sent to Coastal Carolina you can find more information on ordering at

College Level Examination Program (CLEP) Exams
If you need to have your CLEP scores sent to Coastal Carolina you can find more information on ordering at

Dual Enrollment Credit
High school students taking coursework at a college will have their college credit recorded at that institution. In order to receive credit at Coastal Carolina University you will need to have a transcript sent and evaluated. Contact the Office of the Registrar at that institution to have your transcript sent to:

Coastal Carolina University
Office of Admissions
P.O. Box 261954
Conway, SC 29526-6054

Schedule an appointment with a program coordinator

The Degree in Three program is an accelerated program of study, therefore it is important that you schedule and appointment to speak with a Degree in Three program coordinator prior to making any registration decisions.

In order to officially be admitted into one of the 18 arranged undergraduate programs, students will typically meet the following minimum criteria (some programs require additional criteria for admission):

  • Cumulative High School GPA of 3.5 or higher
  • SAT Math and Critical Reading combined score of 1170 or higher, or
  • ACT composite score of 24 or higher

NOTE: TOEFL exam scores can be accepted in lieu of the SAT/ACT requirement. The recommended score is 71. Students that do not meet the above criteria may apply and program coordinators have the authority to modify or waive any of these requirements at their discretion.

Major not yet listed through the Degree in Three?

Students majoring in fields of study not offered through the Degree in Three program are still eligible for the Trustee Award. Any student not enrolled in the Degree in Three program who is planning on completing their degree in three years should speak with their college-level program coordinator about enrolling to receive the Trustee Award. More information regarding the Trustee Award including contact information for the college-level program coordinators can be found on the Trustee Award page.