After You're Accepted to CCU
- Apply Now
- Meet Your Admissions Counselor
- Freshman Admission Requirements
- Freshman Application Process
- Merit Awards
- Other Scholarship Opportunities
- South Carolina Residency
- Admissions Home
How do I enroll?
First of all, welcome! We are excited that you will be joining us! Enrollment is quick and easy and you can do everything online. Here are the main steps in the enrollment process but more detailed information is available in the Enrollment Guide you received with your acceptance letter:
- Submit your $100 enrollment deposit to hold your space in the class.
- Apply for campus housing.
- Register for your Orientation session.
What do I need to do to make sure my acceptance stays in effect?
After you have paid your enrollment deposit and reserved housing and Orientation, there are some additional steps you need to complete to ensure your enrollment stays in effect and to get ready for your first semester such as returning your immunization form, taking the placement tests, submitting your final transcript, etc. Complete information and a detailed list of these steps is available online.
How is my residency status determined for tuition and fee purposes?
The initial determination of your South Carolina residency for tuition and fee purposes is made at the time of your admission to the University and is conveyed in your acceptance letter. Additional proof will be required if your status is deemed "uncertain". For residency regulations, visit the State of South Carolina Website. You can also view and download residency forms on our South Carolina residency web page.
What are the important dates and deadlines?
There are a number of key dates and deadlines you need to be aware of in relation to the enrollment process. Visit the Web regularly for the latest updates related to tuition payment, the start of classes, Orientation sessions, etc.
- Complete your application by the December 1 priority deadline.
- The University typically begins awarding scholarships in late December.
- The priority deadline for academic merit awards is acceptance by January 1.
- Make sure your FAFSA is completed. The University typically begins awarding financial aid in late February.
- Summer Orientation information is typically mailed in February. Sessions fill early and Orientation is required for all new freshman and transfer students.
- The priority deadline for financial aid is March 1.
- March 1 is also the deadline for applying for an institutional scholarship.
- May 1 is the deadline for receiving enrollment deposits.
- May 1 is the last day you can make changes to your housing application online and request a specific roommate.
- Make sure you have completed your housing application and registered for Orientation.
- Bills will be available online for students who have already attended Orientation. Student Accounts offers information about payment deadlines.
- Housing assignments will be available online a few weeks before the start of classes.
- The final payment deadline occurs in August. More information is available from Student Accounts.
- Health History/Immunization Form is due by August 1.
- CINO TIE Welcome begins before the start of classes and is required for all new freshmen.
Steps to Defer Your Admission
To defer your admission, click the following link and follow the instructions to complete, print, and send the form.