After You're Accepted to CCU
- Apply Now (CCU App)
- Apply Now (Common App)
- Test Optional Admissions FAQs
- Meet Your Admissions Counselor
- Freshman Admission Requirements
- Freshman Application Process
- Merit Awards
- Other Scholarship Opportunities
- South Carolina Residency
- Admissions Home
How do I enroll?
First of all, welcome! We are excited that you will be joining us! Enrollment is quick and easy and you can do everything online. Here are the main steps in the enrollment process but more detailed information is available in the Enrollment Guide you received with your acceptance letter:
- Submit your $100 enrollment deposit to hold your space in the class.
- Apply for campus housing.
- Register for your Orientation session.
What do I need to do to make sure my acceptance stays in effect?
After you have paid your enrollment deposit and reserved housing and Orientation, there are some additional steps you need to complete to ensure your enrollment stays in effect and to get ready for your first semester such as returning your immunization form and submitting your final official transcript with your graduation date. Complete information and a detailed list of these steps is available online.
How is my residency status determined for tuition and fee purposes?
The initial determination of your South Carolina residency for tuition and fee purposes is made after your admission to the University. Students who fail to complete the residency application will be classified as pending or nonresidents. We may request additional information for students who have recently relocated to South Carolina or if information is missing on the residency application. For more information on residency visit our South Carolina residency webpage or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I change the semester I start classes?
Enrolled students may request to defer their start date for up to one year (two regular semesters). Please click the Deferred Admission Request Form link below to read the requirments to request deferred admission. Students must pay the $100 enrollment fee and submit the deferred admission request form before 5 p.m. on the first day of classes for the semester admitted.
What are the important dates and deadlines?
There are a number of key dates and deadlines you need to be aware of in relation to the enrollment process. Visit the Web regularly for the latest updates related to tuition payment, the start of classes, Orientation sessions, etc.
- Registration opens for Orientation for the fall semester. Orientation sessions are in June. Click here for more information.
- The housing application opens for the fall sememster. Click here for more information.
- Be sure to send your FAFSA to Coastal Carolina University by March 1. You can complete your FAFSA beginning Oct. 1.
- May 1 is the enrollment deposits deadline for freshmen.
- May 15 is the priority housing application deadline to participate in priority room selection.
- Attend Orientation
- Receive housing assignments
- The final payment deadline is in August. More information is available from Student Accounts.
- Health History/Immunization Form is due by August 1.
- Move to campus and start fall classes!