Arboretum Advisory Board
The arboretum is guided by an Advisory Board made up of representatives from across campus and the local community.
- Dominique Cagalanan, Director of Arboriculture
- Joshua Whitney, Horticultural Manager
- Robert Mealy, SPROUT President
- Billie Rogers, CCU Alumna and former SPROUT President
- Wanda Lilly, City of Conway Arborist
- Jonathan Keyser, Executive Director of the Black River Cypress Preserve, Landscape Designer and Horticulturist
The Tree Team is a group of student workers who help manage the CCU Arboretum.
- Audrey Spann, Sophomore, Sustainability & Coastal Resilience major
- Robert Mealy, Junior, Marine Science major
- Mady Norris, Senior, Sustainability & Coastal Resilience major
Department of Grounds
The Department of Grounds includes a dedicated group of grounds and horticultural staff that grow and maintain the clean, safe, and sustainable living environment of the CCU campus.
SPROUT is a student club that helped start the CCU Arboretum and engages in a wide range of arboretum-related activities. SPROUT was founded in fall 2017 with a mission to promote sustainability; engage in sustainability activities on campus, including the CCU Arboretum and greenhouse; and provide interactive and hands-on educational experiences to students at CCU and the broader community about ways to sustainably engage with the environment. Join SPROUT on Coastal Connections!