Wall $treet Living Learning Community
Do you want to be a business major? Do you want to live amongst students who will have similar career aspirations and workloads? If so, apply to the Wall $treet Living Learning Community!
The first year of college is an exciting time for reasons too many to count however it can also be challenging. From being on your own for the first time and making new friends to the stress of being in an unfamiliar environment, your first year at college can be equally as frustrating. Living Learning Communities (LLCs) were created and implemented at colleges and universities around the world to decrease some of these frustrations by grouping students with similar academic majors and interests in a residence-hall environment for the purpose of fostering friendships and camaraderie. Students who are members of LLCs receive perks, and according to certain studies, perform better academically than students who are not.
Please read the following sections on expectations and benefits specific to the Wall $treet LLC for more information.
1) Mandatory meeting in the first week of each semester
2) Cohort UNIV 110 in the fall semester and CBAD 120 in the spring semester (both will be taught in Tradition Hall)
3) Attend a minimum of two (2) professional development activities (PDAs) offered exclusively to the Wall $treet LLC per semester (offered in Tradition Hall)
4) Participate in community service programs with Wall $treet LLC
Specific benefits of being a member of the Wall $treet LLC are as follows:
1) Eligibility for a $1,000 leadership development scholarship
2) Networking opportunities
3) Local trip (company visit, learn about business, and have fun)
4) Exclusive PDAs (Wall Street LLC only and offered in Tradition Hall)
5) Live in Tradition Hall – P.O.D. Market (convenience store) and full kitchen available to students are both located in Tradition Hall
General benefits of being a member of an LLC are as follows:
1) Live with more engaged students with whom you share commonalities
2) Research has linked Living Learning Communities to improved:
- Academic achievement
- Campus involvement
- Intellectual development
If you are interested in applying for the Wall $treet LLC, fill out a housing application at https://www.coastal.edu/housing/applyforhousing/ and check yes when asked if you are interested in being a member of an LLC. For more information about the Wall $treet LLC, contact Jacob Voegel at email@example.com for 843-349-6401.