Coastal Excellence and Leadership Program
About the CEaL Program
CEaL was one of the key factors that contributed to my success as a student – and now graduate – at CCU!"
CEaL Program Graduate
Hometown: Hardeeville, S.C.
Due to the recent COVID-19 pandemic and the closing of many high schools and colleges across the country, the CEaL program will be moved from starting in July to starting in August. As updates are made to the program, this site will be updated.
The Coastal Excellence and Leadership (CEaL) program at Coastal Carolina University grants conditional admission to some students who fall just below the University's admission requirements. Admission to the CEaL program is by invitation only to a select group of students who have demonstrated academic potential through their hard work in high school classrooms. Students in the CEaL program must participate in and successfully complete the program during their first fall semester at Coastal Carolina University.
The goal of the CEaL program is to help students succeed in their studies at CCU. During the fall semester, students in the CEaL program:
- get an early start by moving onto campus a week early and are enrolled in a one-credit college course designed to enhance the success of first year students during their transition from high school to college.
- are enrolled in two courses with students participating in the CEaL program and then will work with their academic advisor to fill the remainder of their schedule
- are required to attend academic coaching, advising, and tutoring sessions throughout the fall semester.
- learn how to balance the demands of academic and social activities at CCU.
- develop student leadership skills and build a strong foundation to begin their undergraduate studies.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
Daphne Holland, Ph.D.
Assistant Provost of Student Success Initiatives
Kearns Hall, Suite 105
843-349-6901 | email@example.com