About the CEaL Program
Coastal Excellence and Leadership (CEaL) is a one semester, academic and leadership program that grants conditional admission to some students who fall just below Coastal Carolina University's admission requirements. Admission to the CEaL program is by invitation only to a select group of students who have demonstrated academic potential through their hard work in high school classrooms.Students in the CEaL program participate in academic coaching, educational workshops, leadership programming, career exploration and Coastal Carolina University special programs. The CEaL program provide students additional support as they transition to campus life, with the benefit of targeted contact with CCU faculty and staff members to discuss their academic and professional goals.
Benefits of the CEaL Program
During the fall semester, students enrolled in the CEaL program will:
- be enrolled in a cohorted fall semester schedule to include a specially designed UNIV-110 course (3 cr. hrs.), up to 3 core curriculum courses (9-10 cr. hrs.) and 1 major course (3 cr. hrs.).
- have an assigned professional Academic Advisor for personalized first semester advising and enrollment.
- have an assigned Academic Coach for personalized academic coaching support.
- have an assigned Peer Leader for personalized peer-to-peer support and guidance.
- participate in leadership programming.
- participation in a campus/community service project.
- participate in the Career to College program.
- participate in targeted academic support programming from the Tutoring and Learning Center and Academic Coaching Experience Department.