About the CEaL Program
Coastal Excellence and Leadership (CEaL) is a one semester, academic and leadership program that grants conditional admission to some students who fall just below Coastal Carolina University's admission requirements. Admission to the CEaL program is by invitation only to a select group of students who have demonstrated academic potential through their hard work in high school classrooms. Students in the CEaL program participate in academic coaching, educational workshops, leadership programming, career exploration and Coastal Carolina University special programs. The CEaL program provide students additional support as they transition to campus life, with the benefit of targeted contact with CCU faculty and staff members to discuss their academic and professional goals.
- Personalized Success Team to include a Peer Leader, Academic Coaching Specialist, and Academic Advisor.
- Enrolled in a CSSC designed UNIV-110 First-Year Experience course, that is a CCU graduation requirement.
- Personalized Peer Leader for student-to-student support and guidance.
- Personalized Academic Coaching Specialist for academic coaching support.
- Personalized professional Academic Advisor for first-year advising and enrollment.
- Opportunity to participate in educational workshops, leadership programs, campus and community service projects, major and career exploration and unique campus and social engagement events.
- CCU Spirit Box
- Free membership in CCUFirst, a student organization that celebrates CCU first-generation students.
- Academically prepare students to join The National Society of Leadership and Success, Sigma Alpha Pi, the nation’s largest leadership honor society.