Speak with someone confidentially

« Back

Emotional trauma is common after a dating or relationship violence incident and can be severe. The violation, loss of trust and loss of control can have serious long-term impacts on you as a survivor. It is not unusual to feel guilty and distrustful, or to withdraw from others, especially if you know the person who violated you as a friend or acquaintance. There are trained personnel on and off campus who can provide counseling and support during recovery.

If you wish to remain anonymous, you are encouraged to call CCU’s Office of Counseling Services at 843-349-2305 for help or advice. Regular office hours are 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. on weekdays. To reach a counselor after regular office hours, call 843-349-2911 and ask for a counselor on-call.

You have the option of keeping your report of sexual assault in complete confidence, thus protecting your right to anonymity, when making a report to Counseling Services.

Student Health Services

If you choose not to go to the emergency room, it is extremely important that you see a medical provider after an incident. CCU’s Student Health Services can provide medical care to students who have been physically assaulted. Typically, Student Health Services will be able to treat injuries and infections. Call Student Health Services at 843-349-6543 for more information.

If you wish to remain anonymous about the reason for your visit to Student Health Services, you can indicate “Healthy Chant” on the sign-in kiosk in the waiting area. Student Health Services is not required to report an incident of dating or relationship violence to Public Safety or to the Title IX office.

« Back