Internships & Career Opportunities
There are three types of employment promoted on this site (1) student employment opportunities on campus, (2) CSCI 497, our internship course, and (3) external job postings available for both current students and our alumni.
Student Employment at CCU
The Department of Computing Sciences regularly hires a number of student workers in positions (tutors, teaching assistants, and office assistants). Information is posted here at the beginning of each major semester and the number of positions are based on department need.
For more student employment opportunities on campus, visit Coastal's Job Search page.
- Crystal Cox, Ph.D.
CSCI 497 - Computer Science Internship
Internship education is a mutually-beneficial partnership among students, employers, and the Department of Computing Sciences at Coastal Carolina University. Internship education provides an excellent way to apply skills and information learned in the classroom to a real-world setting while gaining invaluable experience. Students of junior year or higher may pursue an internship with the assistance of the department internship coordinator while also enrolling in CSCI 497 - Computer Science Internship.
External Employment Opportunities (Full-Time, Part-Time, and Internship Opportunities)
We've partnered with the Career Services Center to assist our current students in obtaining internships and highlighting opportunities for our graduating students and alumni seeking careers.
Are you an employer with potential opportunities? If so, please visit our Career Services page for employers for more information.
When the Department of Computing Sciences is contacted regarding employment, we ask employers to post their jobs and internships on Handshake. To view all current openings, visit the Handshake website. Handshake is an open website in which employers nationwide are free to post positions. Coastal Carolina University makes no representations for any businesses posting here for positions or internships, nor do we certify the legitimacy of any business posting here unless specifically stated by the Career Services staff. Individuals should take due diligence in researching any company for which they apply.
Current Local Highlights Posted Through Handshake [Updated September 29, 2020]:
- FogChain in Myrtle Beach lists both full-time and part-time opportunities listed in the software development category.
- Atlantic Urology Clinics, in Myrtle Beach, lists an Information Technology Internship.
- C&K Systems in Murrells Inlet lists a full-time Entry Level Software Support and Installation Technician position.
- Ally Management in Myrtle Beach lists an internship for Social Media, Marketing, and Website Design.
- Mercom in Pawley's Island lists a Management Information Systems Internship
- Allen Corporation in Myrtle Beach lists a Malware Analyst Internship
- The City of Myrtle Beach lists an IT/Social Media Intern for City of Myrtle Beach Fire Department
- BlueCross BlueShield of South Carolina in Columbia lists an IT Training Program Student (ELTP) position which includes placement upon successful completion (see the job posting for full requirements).
- Check out Handshake for more opportunities!