If you observe a suspicious package, object or potential bomb on campus:
- DO NOT HANDLE THE OBJECT. Clear the area and immediately call Public Safety. Do not hang up until told to do so.
- University staff will conduct a search under the supervision of Public Safety. Employees are requested to make a cursory search of their area for suspicious objects and report the location to Public Safety. DO NOT TOUCH THE OBJECT. Do not open drawers, cabinets or turn lights on or off.
- When told to leave by University officials, walk quickly to the nearest “SAFE EXIT” and ask others to do the same. Assist the disabled in exiting the building.
- Once outside, move to the assembly point away from the affected building. Keep streets and walkways clear for emergency vehicles and crews.
- Do not return to an evacuated building unless told to do so by Public Safety.