Online Teaching Resources
The Online Learning Committee has begun to collect and make available teaching resources which may be found useful when teaching, both in-seat and online.
Online Teaching Manual
- The English Department Online Teaching Committee has developed an Online Teaching Manual for the purpose of providing a basic understanding of the instructional tools necessary for teaching online as well as a framework for designing thoughtful learning activities online. Regardless of previous teaching experience and familiarity with instructional technologies, we hope that this resource can improve online teaching and learning practices in our discipline: Online Teaching Manual
- Students often have trouble with understanding what and how to formatting a paper following traditional conventions. Below are two templates students can use: MLA Format Template and APA Format Template
- Dr. Reid has created a video tutorial showing students how to format documents in Microsoft Word. (click here)
Coastal Composition Commons
- Dr. Reid has created a video tutorial showing how to find students’ digital badge submissions on the CCC. (click here)
- Mendeley: Dr. Reid has created a video showing the free online program Mendeley which allows users to search, store, organize, annotate, and share academic research. (click here)
If you have any questions or materials that you would like to share, please contact Dr. Alan Reid.