The Center for Inclusive Excellence
The Edwards College Center for Inclusive Excellence is an interdisciplinary and dynamic hub for faculty and student fellows in collaboration with the regional community to engage in exceptional and socially responsible research and teaching. Each academic year the Center's work will be organized around a topic that will generate creative production, critical research, and socially engaged projects among three elected faculty members, student research fellows, and a graduate fellow. The collaborative creative and critical work generated around the elected topic will emerge in conversation with stakeholders in the larger community.
Click here to apply to become an academic year fellow.
Faculty and student fellows demonstrate a strong and sustainable commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
CIE Faculty Fellows
Announcing our new theme for 2023-2024:
Faculty fellowship/project proposals are due March 17. Contact Dr. Eric Schultz for details.
Patrick Fowler, Graduate Teaching Assistant firstname.lastname@example.org
Faculty Fellow Commitments
- Team teaching HFA 190: Global Issues, Local Communities: “Narratives of Democracy” (AY 21/22).
- Development of projects with significant involvement of student Research Fellows throughout the AY.
- Installations and performances in Fall and Spring semesters, with community involvement.
- Participation on selection committee (fellows; and theme).
- Feedback on student Research Fellows.
- Report on project outcomes.
Coastal Carolina University is located on the ancestral land of the Waccamaw Indian People and other American Indian Nations. Through the operations of CCU, we honor and express our gratitude to the ancestors, current peoples and future generations to come.