High School Honor Band and Scholarship Festival
Thursday, November 21 - Saturday, November 23, 2019
Deadline to apply is October 31, 2019
Festival highlights include:
- Master class with wind/percussion faculty from Coastal Carolina University
- Performance with some of the finest high school musicians in the Southeast
- Festival Finale Concert in the beautiful Wheelwright Auditorium
- Work with nationally renowned wind band conductors
HONOR BAND SELECTION PROCESS
- Nominations for the CCU Honor Band and Scholarship Festival are open to all high school instrumentalist grades 9-12 with a minimum of two years' experience.
- All applicants must complete the online interest form: 2019 Honor Band Interest Form
- Participants must be in good standing with their band/music program with support from their music director for participation. Directors will be contacted, via email, after an online Interest Form has been successfully submitted by the student.
- Students and directors will receive an email confirming selection of participants on Wednesday, November 6, 2019. Accepted students will be required to submit the following forms during registration. Once accepted, please print, complete, and bring with you to registration.
PARTICIPATION AND PAYMENT INFORMATION
- All students participating in the honor band festival pay a $70 non-refundable fee. This fee covers music and a commemorative festival T-shirt and pin.
- Payment should be check or money order made out to Coastal Carolina University Bands and submitted during registration on November 21, 2019.
- Transportation to and from the event, lodging, and meals are the responsibility of the student/band director.
CHAIR PLACEMENT AUDITIONS
- All students will perform a short chair placement audition on the first day of the honor band festival. Click on your instrument below to obtain access to your audition music. Music links will become active on November 6, 2019. Students will be asked to perform the following as part of the seating audition:
- Chromatic scale (full range of the instrument)
- Selected Major scales
- CCU Chair Placement Audition Material
- Flute (PDF coming soon)
- Oboe (PDF coming soon)
- Clarinet/bass clarinet (PDF coming soon)
- Bassoon (PDF coming soon)
- Saxophone (PDF coming soon)
- Horn (PDF coming soon)
- Trumpet (PDF coming soon)
- Trombone (PDF coming soon)
- Euphonium (PDF coming soon)
- Tuba (PDF coming soon)
- Percussion (PDF coming soon)
ADMISSION & SCHOLARSHIP AUDITIONS
Interested in attending Coastal Carolina University and joining our department of music as a music major in 2019? The Coastal Carolina University Honor Band and Scholarship Festival also serves as an opportunity for interested students to audition for music scholarships. Interested applicants should visit the following webpage for more information: http://www.coastal.edu/music/audition/
For further information on auditions and admission please contact:
Dr. Jesse Willis, Music Department Audition Coordinator
For additional information on the honor band festival please contact:
Barbara Sheffield, CCU Bands Administrative Specialist