Purchasing Card Program
- Procurement Services
642 Century Circle
Conway, SC 29526
- Mailing Address
P.O. Box 261954
Conway, SC 29528-6054
- Hours of Operation
8 a.m.-5 p.m.
8 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Staff Directory »
- Procurement Services Home »
As an agency of the State of South Carolina, Coastal Carolina University participates in the statewide purchasing card program which is designed to better manage the low-dollar supply purchases, which benefits both the University and the vendor community.
To successfully acquire a purchasing card from Procurement Services, please follow the guidelines below.
Keep in mind, only full-time slotted employees may acquire a purchasing card.
- Begin filling out the purchasing card application and turn it in at least three weeks prior to the prospective purchase date.
- The P-Card application must be signed by all obligatory parties and sent to Procurement Services.
- Procurement will send an email stating that a P-Card Exam must be taken prior to receiving a P-Card
- All training materials will be in that email.
- Procurement Services will set up the exam on Moodle for the employee.
- Once the employee has passed the examination, Procurement will request the Purchase Card from Bank of America.
- An email will be sent to the employee to set up a training date.
- During training, the employee will be issued his or her P-Card.
NOTE: The purchasing card may NOT be used for travel expenses.
For information on properly using a purchasing card for purchasing goods/services, see the procurement process.