HTC Center Information
The HTC Student Recreation and Convocation Center (SRCC) provides a Fitness Floor (2nd level) as well as three group exercise studios.
The Fitness Floor consists of a full line of Life Fitness Signature Series, Hammer Strength Plate loaded machines, power racks and smith machines and a free weight area. We also have a large functional training area, complete with TRX training system. On our lower level we have a Cybex circuit that is compatible with ADA guidelines.
Our cardiovascular equipment consists of a full line of PreCor cardio products including treadmills and ellipticals, Woodway treadmills, Cybex Arc trainers, and Concept II rowers.
Three group exercise studios provide space for all group classes. Studio 1 is dedicated for spinning classes. Studio 2 provides classes such as Zumba, Boot Camp, HIIT classes and more. Studio 3 focus is for mind/body classes, classes requiring minimal or no equipment.
- In all of these areas proper athletic attire is required. No denim, no cargo shorts, no side cut-out shirts, and no hiking boots will be permitted into the SRCC.
- The use of towels is required for personal and equipment hygiene. Please wipe down equipment after each use with disinfecting towelettes provided in each area. Towels are provided at the Welcome desk and must be returned prior to exiting facility.
- No personal items are allowed in the area unless using a locker. The Department of University Recreation is NOT responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Participants exercise at their own risk. Individuals are responsible for their own health and safety.
- Please use proper etiquette when utilizing equipment. If you use it, put it back in its proper place.
- Do not rest weights on benches, walls or mirrors.
- During peak times of usage, please respect others by using cardiovascular equipment for 30 minutes at a time.
- SRCC staff has the right to ask any user to leave the area for inappropriate behavior or failure to follow facility policy.
- The SRCC is dedicated for current students/faculty and staff only. All individuals must present a current CCU ID at the welcome desk prior to entry. We reserve the right to deny access for invalid ID.
- Guest passes (a guest is an individual that is present with current student/faculty or staff member) are available for a fee. To purchase a guest pass you may contact the Department of University Recreation at 843-349-2126 during business hours only for more details.
- No guest passes are available to non-CCU individuals.
SRCC USER POLICIES
- Tobacco of any kind is prohibited in the facility
- No pets allowed.
- Athletic attire/shoes must be worn.
- No muddy shoes in the facility.
- Absolutely NO Food in SRCC.
- No colored fluids. Water only on fitness floor and in studios.
- Alcohol and/or illegal drugs are prohibited.
- Abusive/offensive language will not be tolerated.
- Please pick up and dispose of all trash.
- All policies outlined in the “Student Code of Conduct” will be enforced.
104 Founders Drive
Conway, SC 29526
Athletic Attire must be worn:
- In an effort to be consistent and minimize skin on pad/mat contact, T-shirts that have been altered or cut to expose the chest/sides/back are not acceptable for workouts. Shirts/tanks must cover midriffs (front and back).
- Shorts/pants with zippers exposed and/or buttons as well as denim are not permitted for workouts as they can damage equipment pads. Belts with a standard dress buckle are not permitted. Cargo shorts/pants are not permitted as pockets may catch on equipment and injury may occur.
- Five Finger shoes, open toed shoes, any type of boot are not permitted.
University Recreation staff has the final determination on appropriate attire.