Student and Mentor Eligibility
• Student must be a current, degree-seeking undergraduate student in one of the majors of the Gupta College of Science
• Good standing with the university (no academic or judicial probation)
• International students are eligible (US citizenship or permanent residence not required)
• Only one proposal may be submitted per student during an application year
• Students can only be selected as a Research Fellow once
• CCU GCOS faculty member (includes TT, NTT, Research, and Teaching Associates)
Secondary Mentor (optional)
• Graduate students
• Community/external partners
Responsibilities of Primary Mentor
• To assist the student in developing the project idea, the methodology/plan, the application, the budget, and the proposal.
• The proposal should be written by the student. The mentor should provide expertise on the subject and guidance on the methodology and project plan.
• To help the student understand the research and scholarship of the discipline.
• To help train the student on specific skills and techniques the students will need to complete the project.
• To set expectations for a typical work week and the level of effort required for the project.
• To manage the account expenditures related to the project with departmental assistance.
• To ensure the safety of the student in the research setting.
• To ensure all IRB approvals and/or the ethical use of animals in research is followed for all projects.