April Abbott, Ph.D.
Assistant Professor, Marine Science
- Ph.D., College of Earth Ocean and Atmospheric Science, Oregon State University (Ocean Earth and Atmospheric Science)
- M.S., University of Minnesota Duluth (Geological Sciences)
- B.S., Hobart and William Smith Colleges (Geosciences)
- Marine Geology
- Marine Chemistry
- Geochemistry Applications
- Trace metals and their isotopes
- Applications of SEM-EDS in earth science
April Abbott is a sea-going geochemist in the Department of Marine Science with over 250 days at sea. She completed her Ph.D. in 2016, then spent six years as an assistant professor in Sydney, Australia, before moving to CCUl in 2022. Her research focuses on the interaction between marine sediments and the overlying water column, both in terms of understanding modern ocean chemistry and implications on paleoclimate reconstructions.