ITS continuously researches, tests and evaluates computer systems, printers, upgrades and peripherals for use at Coastal Carolina University. The University purchases from major vendors including Apple, Dell, Hewlett Packard and Xerox.
- ITS Service Center
Wall Building 105
Online Service Request »
- Inside ITS »(CCU login required)
Prior to making a technology purchase, ITS is required to review and approve the request to:
- Assure compatibility with and functionality in the University environment
- Consider security or integration challenges
- Assure regulatory compliance and licensing requirements
- Assure state contract pricing is considered
- Consider resource impact, opportunities for efficiencies and cost savings
Before any technology or technology-related purchases are made at CCU, please carefully review the process outlined below. Technology purchases are classified as:
- General Technology: hardware (computers, printers, etc.) and software items that are covered by a current agreement with the State of South Carolina or the University
- New (or renewal/upgrades for existing) hardware/software/services that are not covered by a current agreement with the State of South Carolina or the University.
General Technology Requests
When considering a technology purchase, submit an Online Service Request to the ITS Service Center. An ITS staff member will be assigned to assist you in determining the best solution for your technology needs and obtaining price quotes required to complete the technology-related purchase requisition.
New Technology, Upgrades or Additions
When considering a new technology purchase, or renewing or upgrading an existing technology item or service, submit an Online Service Request to the ITS Service Center. An ITS staff member will be assigned to assist you in determining the best solution for your technology needs and obtaining price quotes. Review and approval of new technology purchases is done in collaboration by ITS, Procurement and University Council. The following are needed to facilitate this process:
- A hard copy of the University Contract/Agreement Routing and Approval form approved/signed by the appropriate Cost Center Director.
- A hard copy of a completed Purchase Requisition with appropriate approvals.
- A hard copy of the quote or proposal for the software.
- A hard copy of the completed Technology Acquisition Request Form (Provided by ITS and completed by the requestor of the online service request).
Please submit the above documents as a single package to:
Information Technology Services
Attention IT Contracts
ITS Approval and Next Steps
Following ITS review and approval, the Purchase Requisition and supportive documentation is forwarded by ITS to Procurement Services. For more information about the university's purchasing process, visit Procurement Services.
Once technology purchases are received, submit an Online Service Request to the ITS Service Center. An ITS staff member will be assigned to install, support and assist in utilization. If the purchase is a computer, printer, projector or other technology-related device or equipment, follow the Fixed Asset Inventory Procedures for New Purchases.
For information about ITS-supported software and technology services for faculty and staff, visit Computers and Software.
For a list of CCU's Standard Computers and specifications, visit Inside ITS.
For information about technology purchases for students, visit Student Computing Services.