Office of Research
Whether it goes by the name of research, scholarship, or creative and artistic works, research at Coastal Carolina University is the process of discovery and creation found in every academic discipline. Research is a foundation of the CCU student educational experience and an engine for the reputation and reach of the University and its faculty.
- Centers and Facilities
- Coastal Carolina University Research Foundation
- Intellectual Property/Tech Transfer
- Environmental Health and Safety (including lab safety)
- Research Compliance (Human and Animal Research, Research Integrity)
- Research Policies
- Annual Reports (coming soon)
- Faculty & Student Publications, Presentations, and Research Distinctions (coming soon)
- Faculty Expertise
- Grant Awards, External (coming soon)
- Grant Awards, Internal (CCU) (coming soon)
Smart Reef Deployment
Coastal Carolina University has been instrumental in developing a number of smart reefs along the South Carolina coast. The latest deployment of the reef material was on July 30, 2022, when blocks for the smart reefs were dropped off the shores of North Myrtle Beach, Hilton Head, and Charleston.
As the program advances, the artificial reefs are being designed to look more like natural reefs. Instrumentation is being connected to the reefs, which provides data on a variety of water, wind, and wave measurements. It’s an effort to give a better picture of what is happening through the coastal zone, in hopes of improving forecasting and modeling.