Student Accident Plan
Coastal Carolina University is proud to offer a Student Accident Plan for undergraduate students enrolled in at least 12 credit hours and graduate students enrolled in a least nine credit hours.
- This policy is offered on an excess basis. This means if the student has coverage on another insurance policy, claims will first be processed under that primary policy. In a case where a student does not have other insurance, the Student Accident Policy will be the primary policy.
- Maximum benefit: $10,000 per injury, of usual, reasonable, and customary charges.
- Claims are subject to the terms of the policy and approval by Coastal Carolina University.
To file a claim:
- Complete this form.
- Gather all medical bills, showing the name and address of the provider of service, date of service, type of service and charges. Account statements or “balance due” statements are helpful, but do not contain all the information needed to process the charges.
- Gather all relevant Explanations of Benefits from your primary insurance carrier. If you have other medical insurance, all medical bills must be first submitted to that carrier for their determination of eligibility. If the charges are not paid in full by the other medical insurance carrier, A-G Administrators will need to see that carrier’s EOB prior to considering eligibility for benefits. If you have no primary medical insurance, the need for an “EOB” will not be applicable to your claim.
- Provide the items in 1-3 to the Office of Risk Management and Insurance Services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Christine Guthoff, MSM, AIC, AINS
Director of Risk Management and Insurance Services