Ed.S. in Instructional Technology
Want to improve your leadership skills in instructional design and technology? Our Educational Specialist program helps learning professionals advance their career potential in schools, businesses, government, healthcare, military, and other industries.
Coastal Carolina University is the first institution in South Carolina to offer an Ed.S. program for professionals who have already earned a master's degree in any field.
The Educational Specialist (Ed.S.) in Instructional Technology is a 30 credit 100 percent online program designed for teachers and other professionals who have already earned a master's degree (in any discipline) and are interested in extending their abilities to design, develop, implement, evaluate and manage technology in order to improve teaching and learning in schools, businesses, government, healthcare, military, and other industries. Candidates who complete this curriculum will be well prepared for future graduate study at the doctoral level. Teaching certification is not required for admission. Certified teachers employed full-time in South Carolina public schools are eligible for discounted tuition rates and may qualify for M+30 pay after degree conferral. Contact the Office of Graduate Studies (843-349-2394) for details. Summer start only; apply now!
PROGRAM COURSEWORK (30 credits)
- EDIT 700: Principles of Instructional Design (3)
- EDIT 704: Technology in Curricula (3)
- EDIT 710: Instructional Technology Tools (3)
- EDIT 720: Theories of Learning with Instructional Technology (3)
- EDIT 740: Product Design and Development I (3)
- EDIT 744: Graphic Design for Instruction (3)
- EDIT 750: Product Design and Development II (3)
- EDIT 760: Instructional Technology Leadership (3)
- EDIT 770: Field Experiences in Instructional Technology (3)
- EDIT 780: Seminar in Instructional Technology (3)
Course of Study: Begin Summer 2024, Finish Fall 2025
Summer I 2024 = EDIT 700
Summer II 2024 = EDIT 710
Fall 2025 = EDIT 704, EDIT 740
Spring 2025 = EDIT 750, EDIT 760
Summer I 2025 = EDIT 744
Summer II 2025 = EDIT 720
Fall 2025 = EDIT 770, EDIT 780