Cooperating teachers provide an important service to the education profession by mentoring the future generation of teachers. This is especially significant to partnering school districts in which the practicum experience also provides opportunities for preparing potential new faculty for your schools. Seventy-five percent of our graduates obtain employment in our partnering school districts.
With that in mind, please accept our sincere appreciation for hosting our teacher education candidates in your school this semester. The Spadoni College of Education and Social Sciences relies on the relationship with your school as a professional partner to provide relevant and meaningful field/clinical experiences for our teacher education programs.
It is our hope that your experience hosting our students inspires you to remember what brought you to the profession in the first place. If you would like to know more about any of our undergraduate or graduate programs in education, we would love to talk with you. Enjoy your semester and know that we appreciate everything you do each day for the students of South Carolina and for the students at Coastal Carolina University.
Betsey Costner, M.Ed.
Clinical Field Placement
Cooperating Teacher Information Form
Principal Recommendation Form
Cooperating Teachers of Interns must complete an information form each semester they host an intern. This may be completed digitally HERE. Cooperating Teachers must also upload a current copy of their teaching certificate. This can be found at on the SC Department of Education website and uploaded as a PDF.
- Please view the following training document: CT Trainings for Interns.
- After completing the above training, click here to continue to the SC Teaching Standards 4.0 Rubric Training. Click here for the Expanded ADEPT Rubric, which accompanies this training.
Each of the forms below will be referenced in the training. Please have them open or printed out before you begin the training.
- After completing the above training, continue to the Expanded ADEPT Support and Evaluation System Training Module.
- After you have completed the three above trainings, complete the Cooperating Teacher Training Confirmation Form.
- At the end of the internship, the University Supervisor will submit an internship folder to the Office of Clinical Placement. The following link will take you to the required forms for submission by the University Supervisor.