eduroam Wireless Access
- Need Assistance?
- Student Computing Services
Kearns Hall 113
Online Service Request »
- Technology Alerts »
eduroam is the wireless signal available for all current students, faculty, and staff on CCU’s main campus. eduroam (education roaming) is the secure, world-wide roaming access service developed for the international research and education community. eduroam allows any user from a participating site to get network access at any other institution that participates in eduroam access.
To connect to University Housing wifi, access the CCUResNet wireless network.
Take the steps below to connect to eduroam on the main campus in locations where there is Wi-Fi available. Instructions for Android device users are listed first, and instructions for all other devices follow. After you successfully log into eduroam, you will have wireless internet access (some restrictions may apply).
How CCU users connect to eduroam wireless on...
Android or Chromebook Devices
You must be physically on the main campus and a special app is required for Android or Chromebook devices:
- Search your app store for geteduroam or visit this webpage to install: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=app.eduroam.geteduroam.
- Once the geteduroam app is installed, open the app and search for and select Coastal Carolina University under “Institution.” Click Next.
Important: If you update your CCU password, use the geteduroam app to update your wireless connection with your new password.
All Other Devices
You must be physically on the main campus:
- On your device, go to the Wi-Fi settings screen and select eduroam.
- Enter your CCU email address in the form of firstname.lastname@example.org and your password.
- When prompted, verify your home institution's certificate (for CCU users, it contains safeconnect.coastal.edu) and then accept it.
- You should now be connected to the eduroam network.
- If you don't already have the MetaAccess NAC (formerly SafeConnect) Policy Key installed, you will be prompted to download and install it with the first web page you attempt to visit. If you are not prompted automatically, try visiting www.coastal.edu/wifi
Important: If you update your CCU password, forget the eduroam network and reconnect to it using the eduroam connection instructions provided to update your wireless connection with your new password.
If you update your CCU password, forget the eduroam network and reconnect to it using the eduroam connection instructions provided to use your new password.
If you are currently off-campus with a Mac/Windows computer, but want to prepare to connect in advance...
You may pre-install the CCU eduroam network on a Mac or Windows computer by visiting https://cat.eduroam.org and downloading and installing eduroam for Coastal Carolina University.
Windows users may use the simplified instructions here: https://www.geteduroam.app/enduser/connecting/.
- If you change your CCU password, please forget/remove the eduroam network from your device. Then, reconnect to eduroam using the appropriate instructions for your type of device as provided above.
- If you do not enter your CCU email address and password correctly and are unable to connect to eduroam, you will need to forget/remove the eduroam network on your device. Then, follow the above instructions from the beginning to connect to eduroam successfully.
- Faculty and staff should contact the ITS Service Center and students should contact the SCS Help Desk with any questions.
- The Office of Information Technology Services and Student Computing Services is unable to troubleshoot or reset the password for credentials from another organization.
- If you are a visitor and your organization does not participate in eduroam, consider connecting to the CCUguest network by contacting the ITS Service Center at 843-349-5000.
Participating in Institutions Using eduroam
A full list of Universities and other educational institutions, utilizing the 'eduroam' wireless signal can be found on the eduroam website.
Do you plan to visit another eduroam participating institution?
Members of CCU visiting other organizations should enter their CCU email address (using the format of email@example.com) and password.
Some organizations may require a visiting user to download a small application on their computer before they can access the eduroam signal.