CCU Application/Enrollment-FAQs - Coastal Carolina University
In This Section

Applying to and Enrolling in CCU

Can I visit/tour Coastal Carolina University prior to attending?

CCU offers tours every weekday except holidays at 9:30 a.m. and 2 p.m. (September through April) and at 9:30 a.m. only (May through August). For more information, visit the Office of Admissions.

How do I send in my immunization records? Or did you receive my immunization records?

For your convenience, there are three options for submitting your immunization documents:

  1. Submit online here. Create a unique username and password.  Enter all the required immunizations and then upload your Health History and Immunization/TB Prescreening Forms or Documents into the student portal home page OR;
  2. Mail to Student Health Services at PO Box 261954, Conway, SC 29528 OR;
  3. Fax to Student Health Services at 843-349-6546.

If you have any questions regarding the University's immunization requirements, please call Student Health Services at 843-349-6543.

Did you get my updated test scores?

Call Admissions at (843) 349-2170 to find out if your high school scores were received.

How do I get my Coastal student email?

Access Microsoft Office 365 Outlook email by logging into using your full CCU email address ( and your password, then click on the Outlook icon to access email. Call Admissions at (843) 349-2170 to get email information if you misplaced it.

What if I was supposed to receive an email and I don't see it?

First, check all the folders in your email. Student email is sometimes sorted into folders titled "Focused" and "Other." You should see them directly under the word "Inbox," or in the "Filter" menu.

If I had an IEP (Individualized Education Plan) or 504 Plan in high school, what do I do in college?

Connect with Accessibility and Disability Services! Students with disabilities and medical conditions are encouraged to connect with Accessibility and Disability Services  to request academic, housing, and dining accommodations. The following are just a few of academic accommodations: extended testing time, distraction-reduced testing environment, audio textbooks, and audio recording classes. All accommodations are determined on a case-by-case basis and ADS staff will meet with you to discuss accommodations. 

Visit Connect with ADS through Accommodate to request accommodations

How do I register for New Student Orientation?

  • All incoming CCU students must complete some form of orientation.
  • Click the link for Online Orientation. Online Orientation has been designed specifically for you to get a better understanding of Coastal Carolina University and our services. 
  • Contact the Office of New Student and Family Programs at (843) 349-2027 with any questions.  

Do I get to participate in TEAL NATION WELCOME?

YES! All TEAL NATION WELCOME programming will take place as scheduled. Please visit the link: TEAL NATION WELCOME

How do I get text books/workbooks/materials?

You are responsible for buying your books and materials. Most students do not receive enough financial aid to cover the costs of books and materials. The cost each semester could be $200 or more depending on the number and type of courses you are taking. Textbooks can be purchased or rented at the Chanticleer Store or through online vendors. The bookstore is located in the HTC Center.

How do I upload my photo for my CINO card?

Reach out to the CINO card office at (843) 349-4000.

Once I’m enrolled, do my parents have access to my college information?

According to federal legislation called Family Education Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA), the right to review and/or amend education records transfers from parents to the student at age 18 or enrollment in postsecondary education. You, the student, are the only one (aside from authorized college officials) who has the right to view your records and information or authorize others to view your information. Some exceptions may apply if a student submits a written request/documentation to the Office of the Registrar. By doing so, you give them access to financial records, grades and other information. Please discuss this matter with your parents.