Tutoring and Learning Center
- Online Tutorials
- Purdue OWL Site
- Kimbel Library
- Coastal Composition Commons (Badge site)
- Consultant's Login
The Writing Center provides one-on-one writing consultations for all Coastal students, regardless of major or level of writing proficiency.
From early brainstorming to the final stages of proofreading, our undergraduate and graduate writing tutors are available to offer assistance to writers of any discipline at any stage of the composition process.
Our services are not limited to papers written in English classes. Writing Center consultants come from a wide range of academic majors and are eager to assist with any writing assignment.
A session with a Writing Center consultant typically lasts approximately 30 minutes. After each session, the consultant writes a brief report that is sent to the student's instructor unless the student requests that a report not be sent.
We hope you will visit the Writing Center in Kearns Hall 205 often during your time as a student at Coastal Carolina University.
FALL 2019 FINALS WEEK HOURS
- Monday, Dec. 9: 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Tuesday, Dec. 10: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Dec. 11: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, Dec. 12: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Friday, Dec. 13: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Saturday, Dec. 14: Closed
- Sunday, Dec. 15: Closed
- Monday, Dec. 16: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Make an appointment in the Writing Center in one of two ways:
- Call 843-349-2937 during our open hours listed above.
- Come to Kearns 205 during our open hours and speak with one of our front desk workers.
Appointments are strongly recommended, but walk-ins are also welcome. Appointments can be made by phone at 843-349-2937 or in person. Students are encouraged to visit the Writing Center in person. If you are a distance education student who is unable to visit the Writing Center in person, please call the coordinator at 843-349-4154 for assistance options.
Kearns Hall 205
Writing Center Coordinator