Master of Arts in Music Technology
Coming Fall 2018 to Coastal Carolina University
- Apply Now
- Request Information
- Tuition and Fees
- Financial Aid
- Matt White
About the Program
In today’s media driven world, sound is manipulated in ways enhancing and complimenting messages conveyed. Music plays an integral role and music technology seeks to fill a gap by developing professionals with both musical and technological know-how to compete in today’s market.
The new Master of Arts in Music Technology is an exciting new program designed to develop the technological, professional, commercial and media skills of the music professional in our competitive marketplace. This 30-credit degree is broken into three blocks (recording, media, and entrepreneurial and practical skills) which diversify the music professional’s skill set and increase marketability. Program coursework is focused on developing applied media skill sets to be effective in the marketplace. This culminates with a capstone project which will develop the student’s professional portfolio.
1. Graduate Studies Application and $45 fee
2. Official transcripts from all universities previously attended
3. Statement of interest (500 words)
4. Two letters of recommendation
5. A professional portfolio with at least two of the following:
- Engineered live audio recording,
- Engineered studio audio recording,
- Mixed and/or mastered audio recording (live or studio),
- Audio recording featuring sequenced or programmed recording, or
- Video featuring original composed music synced to visuals.
Of note: All students will be required to take the music mastership exam to assess their incoming proficiency with various musical technicalities. Any students who do not pass are required to take MUS 570 and MUS 571 and those courses will not count toward their completion of the degree.