- For Faculty and Staff
ITS Service Center
Wall Building 105
Online Assistance »
- For Students
Student Computing Services
Kearns Hall 113
Call 843-349-2908 or 843-349-2220
Text 843-733-7234Online Assistance »
Introducing the new Microsoft Teams
Microsoft has released a new, upgraded Microsoft Teams experience for CCU users to preview on Windows computers. CCU users can try the new Teams experience as early adopters beginning, Thursday, Aug. 10, 2023 (the estimated official release is in mid-September 2023). On Aug. 10, ITS will release the Try the new Teams toggle option in the upper left corner of Teams. Click on this toggle option to get started with using the new Teams.
There are several upgraded benefits and features for the new Teams experience:
- Faster and more resource efficient. The new Teams app launches up to 2X faster and enables you to join meetings up to 2X faster. The new Teams has been optimized for more efficient use of system resources, using up to 50% less memory.
- Collaborate more effectively across organizational boundaries. The new Teams allow users to collaborate across organizations and manage multiple work or school accounts. You can be signed into multiple organizations and accounts simultaneously and receive notifications for all your accounts, no matter which one is currently in use.
- Enhanced IT security. The new Teams also ensures simplified IT management and enhanced data security.
- More to come. There are additional features planned to come soon, including breakout room features and additional third-party apps.
Getting started with the new Teams
For detailed user instructions with screenshots, visit the following Microsoft support article.
To use/preview the new Teams experience today:
- Open the Teams desktop app on your Windows machine.
- Turn on the Try the new Teams toggle at the top left corner of the Teams app.
- Select Get it now from the pop-out dialogue. The new Teams will start installing.
- Your Teams app will reboot to open the new Teams experience. Any subsequent actions you take will happen in the new Teams by default, like joining a Teams meeting from Outlook.
Add another Teams account
To add another account, select your profile picture at the top right of the new Teams, then select Add another work account.
How to switch back to the classic Teams
To switch back to the classic Teams during the preview period, turn off the New Teams toggle at the top of Teams.