- ITS Service Center
Wall Building 105
Online Assistance »
- Teams FAQs »
- Teams Resources »
- Office 365 Faculty/Staff »
Microsoft Teams is available for CCU faculty and staff, and students. Teams is a powerful team-based collaboration and communication tool that includes the following capabilities:
- Chat-based collaboration
- Shared files and attachments
- In-app quick collaboration and direct access to shared documents in OneDrive
- Threaded conversations in Team channels for enduring topics or projects
- Nameable chats for individual or small-group private conversations
- Integrated with Outlook for group meetings
- Easy membership management
- OneDrive for Business Group cloud storage
- Audio- and video-based meetings
Get Microsoft Teams
There are two ways to access Microsoft Teams: Download the Teams app or access Teams from your CCU account:
Download app to desktop or mobile device
ITS recommends the Teams apps:
- Download the Teams app to your desktop »
Following a successful download and installation of the program, you will be able to open the Teams app from the icon on the start menu.
- Mobile apps are available for iOS, Android and Windows Phone 10 from respective app stores.
Access from your CCU Office 365 account
All CCU faculty, staff and students have access to Microsoft Teams as part of the Office 365 Suite of applications; however, only faculty and staff will be granted permission to create and own a Microsoft Teams team.
- Current CCU faculty and staff can be the owner or co-owner of a Team.
- Current CCU faculty, staff and students can be a Team member or can use Teams for individual or small-group private chats.
- Current CCU faculty, staff and students can create a meeting that includes an audio conferencing telephone number.
- Current CCU faculty, staff and students can join a remote meeting via Teams or telephone.
- Current faculty and staff may create as many teams needed.
Currently, there are few limitations on what faculty and staff can name a specific Team. Team names will automatically have the prefix O365 added.
We recommend using the following naming convention when you create a Microsoft Teams team for a course: (course number_course section_semester) CSCI101_D3_FA19 or for a department: ITS_ProjectManagment.
All University policies apply when using Teams. Microsoft Teams should not be used to share or store sensitive information. ITS reserves the right to remove Teams that are in violation of CCU’s policies and procedures.
ITS reserves the right to disable any Team with a name that is deemed offensive by the CCU community, is used for harassment or threats, or adversely impacts the business operations of the University. An audit log of Team names and their creators will be reviewed periodically.