Microsoft 365 Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I sign in to Microsoft 365?
Visit the Microsoft 365 portal from any browser on any device. If you are having difficulty signing in to Microsoft 365, reset your CCU password and security questions/answers. Remember to log out of your Microsoft 365 portal when you are finished using it, especially on any device that is not your own.
Traveling? Learn how to access your CCU account from outside of the U.S. »
2. As a current student, faculty, or staff member, how do I set up Microsoft apps and/or email on my mobile device?
Your app store allows you to download Office apps for iOS and Android devices. Available apps include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote, and OneDrive for Business. These apps enable you to read and edit documents stored in Microsoft 365 online.
- For app installation instructions and more, select your mobile device here »
- For email apps only:
Android Email App » or Android Outlook App »
iPhone Mail App » or iPhone Outlook App »
3. I see that I can download the latest version of Microsoft through the Microsoft 365 portal. How long can I keep Microsoft 365 software downloaded on my personal computer or device?
The latest version of Microsoft 365 is available for download through your Microsoft 365 portal. Currently, CCU students, faculty, and staff may download and use the latest version of Microsoft 365 as long as they are enrolled in the current or a future term or are current employees of the University. This may be subject to change per CCU's policies for account provisioning.
Access instructions to Download Microsoft Office »
4. How do I get help if I need it or to learn about using Microsoft 365?
- Visit Microsoft 365 Resources »
- Students and alumni may contact Student Computing Services at 843-349-2908 (general questions) or 843-349-2220 (tech support) or text 843-733-7234.
- Faculty and staff may contact the ITS Service Center at 843-349-5000.
5. Does Microsoft 365 meet accessibility features?
Please visit the accessibility information here: Accessibility in Microsoft 365 »
6. I already purchased Microsoft 365, what do I need to do with the software available for download in CCU's Microsoft 365?
If you are a student, you can continue to use your previously purchased version of Microsoft products and/or download through Microsoft 365 the latest version of software to run alongside your current version or in place of your current version.
Find instructions to link your CCU OneDrive for Business to your personal install of office here »
Faculty, staff, and students may download Microsoft 365 on up to five personal devices that are not University-owned.
For more information or if you have questions, faculty or staff should contact the ITS Service Center at 843-349-5000 or submit an online service request to ITS at https://5000.coastal.edu. Students should submit a ticket to Student Computing Services or visit SCS in Kearns Hall 113.
7. I am having trouble installing Microsoft 365 for work, what should I do?
For assistance installing Microsoft 365 on your personal computer or device, consult Microsoft's installation guide.
If you need help with Microsoft 365 for work or school, students should submit an online service request to Student Computing Services or visit SCS in Kearns Hall 113. Faculty or staff should contact the ITS Service Center at 843-349-5000 or submit an online service request to ITS at https://5000.coastal.edu.
8. How do I create and add a signature to my email?
9. I used to be a student at CCU. I am no longer enrolled at CCU, am not registered for classes, and have not graduated from CCU. Can I still use my CCU email from when I was an active student?
No. Former students are not eligible to keep their former CCU accounts, including email. For more details, access Former Student Information »