Office 365 Frequently Asked Questions
1. How do I sign in to Office 365?
Visit CCU's Office 365 portal from any browser on any device. If you are having difficulty signing in to the Office 365 portal site, reset your CCU password and security questions/answers. Remember to log out of your Office 365 portal when you are finished using it, especially on any device that is not your own.
2. How do I set up Office apps and email on my mobile device?
Your app store allows you to download Office apps for iOS, Android and Windows devices. Available apps include Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, OneNote and OneDrive for Business. These apps enable you to read and edit documents stored in your CCU Office 365 Drive.
- For app installation instructions and more, select your mobile device here »
- For email only:
Android Email App » or Android Outlook App »
iPhone Mail App » or iPhone Outlook App »
Windows Phone »
3. Is Google email/CCUApps going away and can it no longer can be used for students and alumni email services?
- That is correct.
- New emails sent to your Google/CCUApps account (@g.coastal.edu) will be forwarded to your new email account until further notice.
4. I see that I can download the latest version of Microsoft Office through the Office 365 portal. How long can I keep Microsoft Office downloaded through Office 365 on my personal computer or device?
Microsoft Office 2016 is available for download through your Office 365 portal for use on personal devices only. Currently, CCU students, faculty and staff are allowed to keep Microsoft Office 2016 as long as they are enrolled in the current or a future term, or are a current employee of the University. This may be subject to change per CCU's policies for account provisioning.
Access instructions to Download Microsoft Office »
5. How do I get help if I need it or to learn about using Office 365?
- Visit Office 365 Resources »
- Students and alumni may contact Student Computing Services at 843-349-2908 (general questions) or 843-349-2220 (tech support).
- Faculty and staff may contact the ITS Service Center at 843-349-5000.
6. Is Office 365 secure?
Yes. Microsoft Office 365 exceeds CCU's security requirements for storing unrestricted and sensitive data.
7. Does Office 365 meet accessibility features?
Please visit the accessibility information here: Accessibility in Office 365 »
8. I already purchased Microsoft Office, what do I need to do with the software available for download in Office 365?
If you are a student, you can continue to use your previously purchased version of Office 2010 or 2013 and/or download through Office 365 the Microsoft Office 2016 software to run alongside your current version of Microsoft Office or in place of your current version. Find instructions to link your CCU OneDrive for Business to your personal install of office here »
If you are faculty or staff, you are not permitted to download and install Microsoft Office 2016 from your Office 365 portal on any University-owned computers or devices at this time. You may, however, download Microsoft Office 2016 on up to five personal devices that are not University-owned. For more information or if you have questions, please contact the ITS Service Center at 843-349-5000.
9. I am having trouble installing Office, what should I do?
For assistance installing Microsoft Office on your personal computer or device, consult Microsoft's installation guide. If you are a current student and are still having difficulty, please visit Student Computing Services in Kearns Hall 113.