New Faculty Q & A
New faculty have many questions as they begin their journey at the University. CeTEAL is here to help answer those questions and find answers for the ones we cannot answer. Below are questions from faculty entering this fall of 2020. If you have a question that has not been answered below, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will send you a response.
New Faculty Orientation
When and where is the new faculty orientation? Will it be online?
- New faculty orientation will take place on Monday, August 16.
Will the faculty orientation August 16 be online or face-to-face?
- Orientation will be on campus.
What types of teaching workshops does CeTEAL offer throughout the academic year?
- CeTEAL offers many workshops for faculty. Visit our website for a listing of workshops.
Will there be workshop opportunities for new faculty who would like to publish based on teaching strategies? Can CeTEAL offer help with this?
- Yes, CeTEAL offers Writing Circles and will offer SOTL sessions this fall.
Do you need to take the certificate programs in any particular order? Are they synchronous or asynchronous?
- Certificate programs can be taken in any order. If you are unable to attend a session, please email email@example.com, and we can give you access to a recorded session or you can make an appointment with a CeTEAL colleague.
Do we have access to someone who can help with SPSS and quantitative stats?
- CeTEAL offers sessions on the use of SPSS.
HREO and Benefits Questions
What health insurance provider does CCU use and when do healthcare benefits begin?
- Our health plan is State Plan from Blue Cross and Blue Shield. You will find information on the state site PEBA, and on the University's Human Resources site.
For benefits questions, contact:
How do I transfer a retirement account from another institution?
- Please visit the HREO website for new employees for benefit information for new employees.
Does the University have mandatory trainings?
- Yes, the University does have mandatory trainings that you will need to complete. Visit the Mandatory Trainings page for further information.
What is the dress code?
- Since faculty teaching environments vary—everything from classroom and labs to dance and art studios—check with your department chair or a colleague to see what the norm for your discipline. You may read the Dress and Apperance Guidelies policy for administrative employees, academic and administratvie support employees, staff members and student workes.
What are Teal Tuesdays?
- Many CCU faculty, staff, and students wear teal, one of our university colors, on Tuesday to show support for the university.
Does CCU have Zip Cars? Can they be driven as far as the beach?
- Unfortunately, Zip Cars will not be returning to the campus for the semester