The Department of Interdisciplinary Studies encourages students to enhance the interdisciplinary skills and inclusive mindsets they are learning in the classroom with hands-on, real-world experiences at CCU, in the local community, and beyond.
- Want to gain experience negotiating cultural differences and understanding the world from a different perspective? Try studying abroad in one of CCU’s short-term faculty-led programs!
- Want to gain professional-level experience in authoring, designing and producing innovative stories about our region? Get involved with the Athenaeum Press!
- Want to gain experience working on collaborative, inclusive, community-engaged projects as a paid student fellow? Apply to the Edwards Center for Inclusive Excellence!
- Want to promote social justice and change by taking part in community-based research or project-based community service? Get involved with the Social Justice Research Initiative!
- Want to put academic theories and concepts into practice by working to formulate and implement public policy? Apply to the Edgar Dyer Institute for Leadership and Public Policy!
- Want to gain experience working with local middle and high school students to help them develop life-skills, entrepreneurial skills, and leadership skills? Apply to the Each One Teach One Entrepreneurship Institute!
- Want to gain experience in creative problem-solving by working with clients on business-consulting projects? Apply to the CoBE Institute!
- Want to gain experience working with local agencies to research and implement community health programs? Apply to the Swain Scholars Program!
- Want to put your interdisciplinary skills to work (for course credit)? Apply for an internship!