Past WIPL Speakers
- 2018 Conference
- 2017 Conference
- 2016 Conference
- 2015 Conference
- 2014 Conference
- 2013 Conference
- 2012 Conference
- 2011 Conference
WIPL's Women's Leadership Conference seeks to educate, motivate and challenge women to lead change in their own lives, their communities and the world. Since 2011, the Women's Leadership Conference has featured more than 275 world-class speakers. To learn more about past speakers, select from the menu.
Speakers for the Ninth Annual Women's Leadership Conference – to be held Feb. 4-5, 2019, at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center – will be announced here as soon as information becomes available.
The 2018 Conference and Celebration was held Feb. 5-6.
The remarkable speakers – and the shared energy of more than 800 women attendees of all ages, backgrounds, occupations and professional levels who connect at this powerful event – offer participants the inspiration to lead, to serve, to choose to make a difference. The 2018 program featured notable speakers from the fields of business, science, culture and more.
2018 Speakers included:
- Cara Brookins, author of Rise: How a House Built a Family, which details the extraordinary true story of taking the greatest risk of her life in order to heal from the unthinkable
- Barbara Pierce Bush, CEO and co-founder of Global Health Corps (GHC), a global community of young leaders to build the movement for health equity; daughter of former U.S. President George W. Bush and first lady Laura Bush
- Jenna Bush Hager, author of bestseller Ana’s Story: A Journey of Hope; daughter of former U.S. President George W. Bush and first lady Laura Bush
- Julia Landauer, two-time NASCAR champion and advocate for STEM education and women's empowerment
- Joan Robinson-Berry, vice president and general manager of Boeing South Carolina
- Myra Rowell, global information security external engagements executive at Bank of America
- Connie Ryan, president and CEO of Streck Inc., an industry leader in cell stabilization
- Dorrie Sieburg, program manager for American Association of University Women's salary negotiation workshops, AAUW Work Smart and AAUW Start Smart
- Sharon Suchoval, founder of Advice for My Daughter, a blog to inspire women and the people who raise them
- Barbara Hickman Whye, vice president of human resources and chief diversity and inclusion officer at Intel Corp.
The Celebration of Inspiring Women honors remarkable individuals and celebrates their contributions to our state, region, nation and world. The awards were created as an important and lasting way to recognize the incredible achievements of women with ties to South Carolina. Since the program's inception in 2011, 41 women have been recognized, including 2018 honorees Amber J. Campbell, Marilyn J. Fore, Renee Hembree and Joan Robinson-Berry.
Save the Date
The 2019 Conference and Celebration will be held Feb. 4-5 at the Sheraton Myrtle Beach Convention Center.
Past Conference Speakers
Since 2011, the Women’s Leadership Conference has featured more than 250 world-class speakers.
Stay in touch
Want to stay up to date with the latest news and speaker updates for the 2019 Women's Leadership Conference and Celebration of Inspiring Women? Sign up for our monthly e-newsletter - we would love to add you to our list!